• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Skill set

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Skill set"

Collapse

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by utrinqueparatus View Post
    Giving or receiving?
    Well that's a very important question ...

One mistake and you're ****ed, literally ...

Leave a comment:

• utrinqueparatus
    replied
    Giving or receiving?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I could just be a fan of latin???
    Fellatio or cunnilingus?

Leave a comment:

• utrinqueparatus
    replied
    I could just be a fan of latin???

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Not in but rather close to the glasshouse in colly
    Your username being what it is, it's not too hard to work it out...

Leave a comment:

• utrinqueparatus
    replied
    Thankyou, much appreciated information. I had a feeling even entry level security would be punching above my weight. I should be CCNP within the next 3 weeks all going well and i have quite a bit of switching/routing experience so i may go for a fairly entry level cisco network admin gig next after cramming whilst on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    That is correct... Hence why I want to know which is the best to brief myself up on before I spend the vast amount of time I am aware it will take to get anywhere close.
    OK, so maybe network admin to get the basics then switch to security later. You might get an entry level security job, but as a rule they usually want either more experience or more of a network background than you've currently got, whereas network admin would be easier to get into at the initial level..

Leave a comment:

• utrinqueparatus
    replied
    That is correct... Hence why I want to know which is the best to brief myself up on before I spend the vast amount of time I am aware it will take to get anywhere close.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    No i mean i have administered Solaris 10 and RHEL5 from a 2nd line point of view. I have undertaken a contract rolling out a spoke vpn cisco infrastructure across 12 countries for a defence contractor and I have recently passed CCNA security after giving a law firm I am at a rewrite of the pic config. So nowhere near competent enough to do it as a main profession but I have dipped my toe so to speak
    So you know SFA about security then?

Leave a comment:

• chetty
    replied
    Well as an Indian security expert I was told I wouldn't get SC but I do know Indians who claim to have it. As it happens I am currently about to be security expert with the NHS in Swindon.

Leave a comment:

• utrinqueparatus
    replied
    Not in but rather close to the glasshouse in colly

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I have my own dog - is that an advantage for a Sec gig ?

PS She doesnt bite - unless you want her to ....

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Whats the easiest way of getting SC at the moment? I have previously been DV whilst serving about 4 years ago but alas it is no more
    Which nick were you in, and what for?

Leave a comment:

• utrinqueparatus
    replied
    No i mean i have administered Solaris 10 and RHEL5 from a 2nd line point of view. I have undertaken a contract rolling out a spoke vpn cisco infrastructure across 12 countries for a defence contractor and I have recently passed CCNA security after giving a law firm I am at a rewrite of the pix config. So nowhere near competent enough to do it as a main profession but I have dipped my toe so to speak
    Last edited by utrinqueparatus; 4 August 2009, 14:29.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    don't know really, dabbling in linux myself but it seems like the tip of a huge iceberg!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X