• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What car should I get"

Collapse

• SuperZ
    replied
    Comedians.
    Last edited by SuperZ; 4 August 2009, 22:00.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I think he's right, just the words were in the wrong order i.e. you pay what you get for

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    You always get what you pay for, of course you do. German Marques are the best! A VW engine becomes better once it leaves the Skoda.
    A BMW is worth 50% more when in the UK market compared to the American, the Uk market is not more gullable.
    Market Differenciation is a myth, you always get what you pay for, please empty your wallet
    Yeah and the brilliant retained value calcs are fine based on list prices when no-one ever pays list for Mercs and Bimmers

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    You always get what you pay for, of course you do. German Marques are the best! A VW engine becomes better once it leaves the Skoda.
    A BMW is worth 50% more when in the UK market compared to the American, the Uk market is not more gullable.
    Market Differenciation is a myth, you always get what you pay for, please empty your wallet
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 4 August 2009, 21:27.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    New Mondeo runs the BMW 3 series close apparently,but is a lot cheaper, Stick a BMW badge on it and it will become perfect, obviously

That comment reminds me of a mate who stated his MG ZT V8 was an M3 beater for half the cost and stated it was essentially a BMW.

I drove a brand new 318 diesel recently and it was horrid, underpowered.
    Last edited by SuperZ; 4 August 2009, 21:26.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    New Mondeo runs the BMW 3 series close apparently,but is a lot cheaper, Stick a BMW badge on it and it will become perfect, obviously
    If it were more expensive I'd stick the Ford badge on me Beemer. 'Innit?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Switching to Co. car ( I'm permie these days ) rather than my own. My Saab is due for replacement and as I'm doing a lot of miles and I'd rather someone else take the hit for the wear and tear.

Choices are :

Saab 93 1.9 TiD Vector Sport. ( Same as my current car )
    Jaguar X-Type 2.2D S
    Volvo S80 2.0D SE
    Ford Mondeo 2.0 Tdci Titanium X

What are the congregations opinions?

<lights blue touch paper, dons fireproof suit and retires to a safe distance >

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    Saab 9-3 Ttid 1.9 aero

Case closed
    With the Hirsch tuning that is a mental setup though I'm not sure how long that engine will handle it.

I dunno about the diesel x-type but I had a 2.5 V6 a few years ago and it was a fantastic car. Plus it has a pimptastic cranberry leather interior.

Still, I'd go for the mondeo in the OPs list.

Leave a comment:

• MrNoMotivation
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    No mate, I'm an Essex gyppo.
    figures

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
    nutter. You Australian/American?
    No mate, I'm an Essex gyppo.

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    Saab 9-3 Ttid 1.9 aero

Case closed

Leave a comment:

• MrNoMotivation
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I just bought a Trojan L200 Crew Cab - I pick it up on Thursday.
    nutter. You Australian/American?
    Last edited by MrNoMotivation; 4 August 2009, 14:18.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I just bought a Trojan L200 Crew Cab - I pick it up on Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I'd get an MB E class, 100,000+ German taxi drivers can't be wrong

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Saab 93 1.9 TiD Vector Sport. ( Same as my current car )
    Jaguar X-Type 2.2D S
    Volvo S80 2.0D SE
    Ford Mondeo 2.0 Tdci Titanium X
    The Saab is a Vauxhall Vectra while the other 3 are Fords.

Get the Jag - at least is has some kudos

Leave a comment:

Working...
X