• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Terrorists again!!!"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    It's been a while

Hello folks,

I've been spending a lot of time with World of Warcraft these last few months, but decided to pop in and see what the lay of the land was.

Glad to see that you are all discussing and counter-discussing various topics...like this one for example.

I must admit, I got to the end, hoping for a revelation, an answer, something...but as usual it sort of fizzed out. I was reminded of countless committee meetings where it's all blah blah blah but no eventual outcome.

Oh well, it's all light-hearted fun I suppose. It's not like any of us have a red-phone hotline to George or Tony and can say "Hey buddy, we sorted it out on the forum, you need to do this....". Which renders the discussion fairly pointless really.

Still, entertaining reading nonetheless.

I got to go....Tigris the Hunter needs some new gear and we're going down to Zul Gurub tonight. Got my eye on some more Beaststalker gear.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    I think I need glasses. I thought it said child sex offenders....

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Gary Glitter would be at home in either country?...ehmm...mcquiggd, they're actually refering to the number of under 18's executed each year so are you suggesting this would have been a solution to his possible prosecution?

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Bearing in mind the numbers as a proportion of the population, Gary Glitter would be at home in either country....

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I've never read the Koran so can't comment. I tried it once but what with all the sitting and rocking and wailing I fell over and knocked myself out.

Religion is cruel...

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    How many would be executed every year in a similar sized muslim population under Sahria law....?
    http://web.amnesty.org/pages/deathpenalty-sentences-eng

"Amnesty International recorded four executions of child offenders in 2004 - one in China and three in Iran.

Six child offenders have been executed in Iran since January 2005."

I'm sure someone can do the other maths, but by my back of an envelope reckoning if you're a kid then you're at least 20 times more likely to get the chop in Iran.
    Last edited by Joe Black; 8 November 2005, 17:42.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Yes no doubt that we humanoids must concede to your infinitely superior logic, your dynamic self adjusting rhetoric,and the coup de grace of your refusal to answer any questions.

All fully guaranteed by the Good Lord.

Brilliant.

Daddy , can I get a ChicoLogic Box (c) for Xmas too ?
    Repeat after me:

Cumbaya my Lord, Cumbaya ....

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    The tree huggers lost the argument on logic, miserably failed on the historical detail and finally conceded on the legality issue. Hmm maybe I should send a link to the Editor of the Guardian and the other namby pamby commie rags.
    Yes no doubt that we humanoids must concede to your infinitely superior logic, your dynamic self adjusting rhetoric,and the coup de grace of your refusal to answer any questions.

All fully guaranteed by the Good Lord.

Brilliant.

Daddy , can I get a ChicoLogic Box (c) for Xmas too ?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Well why dont we ask the only person in the UK wo can legally tell us whether any war involving UK troops is legal or not - The Attorney General. Maybe someone could leak his legal opinion. Oh silly me somebody already did that and what was his summary - over to you Alfie.
    I believe the leak was from the governmental legal advisor, Elizabeth Wilmshurst, who protested in her resignation letter just prior to the invasion, about sudden, unexplained changes the Attorney General had made in the tone of his legal advice to the government. In the space of a few weeks, Lord Goldsmith dropped suggestions that the government may have been legally culpable if it invaded without receiving specific support in the form of a new UN Resolution.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    The tree huggers lost the argument on logic, miserably failed on the historical detail and finally conceded on the legality issue. Hmm maybe I should send a link to the Editor of the Guardian and the other namby pamby commie rags.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Oh dearie me (TM). Now its delusional. Come on DARPA or whoever, you can do better than this.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Tree Huggers 0 Chico 3. All in a days work.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Well why dont we ask the only person in the UK wo can legally tell us whether any war involving UK troops is legal or not - The Attorney General. Maybe someone could leak his legal opinion. Oh silly me somebody already did that and what was his summary - over to you Alfie.
    Oh dear. Its got worse. Wouldn't have thought that was possible.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Don't hold your breath. Major problem with logic gates. Unfortunately the Chico bot is made of wetware and in spite of millions of years of development, it seems the raw material was poor.
    Obviously a creationist bot, hence the lack of evolutionary tendencies.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X