• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jobserve application hit rate"

Collapse

• Numpty
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Cyberman had an Indian mother? Who gave him BJs?
    Didn't you know? I thought everyone knew. That's why he has an Indian 'chutney spoon' licking fetish.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I know dear boy, frightening isn't it? Can I suggest you lie down in a dark room, with a damp facecloth on your forehead for an hour or so.

I hope you feel better.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Zippy I would quite seriously rather talk about anything other than how Cyberman's indian mother gave him BJs.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Too late for AndyW option. Darn it, I'm slipping.
    Yep. I can't vote on that technicality.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    For instance?
    For instance the planning and management of projects (which I've done before - a lot). You get to talk to people and get out of the office a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I do see your point there ..

OK. I've found Jobserve to be pretty useless for finding the kind of jobs I'd be a good fit for. I'm a developer but don't eat, sleep and dream code so want something a bit more varied. Luckily my last two jobs have come via direct contact from agents who knew me.

Looking over the last few weeks there has been precious little that has grabbed me and I don't expect that to change any time soon.
    For instance?

Leave a comment:

• TiroFijo
    replied
    In my area J2EE I see about 10+ jobs that fit my profile, both contract and permy every day without including the banking ones. Trouble is most are way down south and while I don't mind working down there it is just such a long way to drive for an interview.

Only been looking for 3 weeks and had an interview for one last week but got under cut on rate by a code wallah and my rate was really an average for the location.

Looks like all these banks are hiring again as I'm seeing a lot of Java roles for them both contract and perm. Unfortunately I've got zero banking and being 40 probably the wrong age for them... To be honest working in a bank does not exactly get my juices flowing anyhow.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Zippy I would quite seriously rather talk about anything other than how Cyberman's indian mother gave him BJs.

HTH
    I do see your point there ..

OK. I've found Jobserve to be pretty useless for finding the kind of jobs I'd be a good fit for. I'm a developer but don't eat, sleep and dream code so want something a bit more varied. Luckily my last two jobs have come via direct contact from agents who knew me.

Looking over the last few weeks there has been precious little that has grabbed me and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I never saw my thread coming to this.
    It's awful, isn't it?

33 posts and no n@rks, no NSFW, no , no AndyW option ...

... you really must try harder.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    To be fair, it is slightly less depressing than a conversation about Jobserve. And you did get a few serious replies.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    To be fair, it is slightly less depressing than a conversation about Jobserve. And you did get a few serious replies.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Your Indian mother gave you BJs?

That would explain an awful lot about your personality.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Mmmmm Indian mother tongues
    Ummm.... I would love to experience one of those again !!
    Your Indian mother gave you BJs?

That would explain an awful lot about your personality.

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied
    ahh the mother of all tongues, best served with a chutney spoon.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Mmmmm Indian mother tongues

Ooops - wrong thread!!

Ummm.... I would love to experience one of those again !!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X