• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sports Car (used) - 10K Budget"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by juststarting View Post
    seat cupra, there is no cleverer purchase at the moment. True , won't attract girls until they are sat in , but hey if you rely on cars to get girls ..... good for you.
    Looks OK on the outside but the interior is a bit cheap and bland, also it sits third on the VAG league table of desirability... one place above Skoda.

Goes like flip mind.

Leave a comment:

• juststarting
    replied
    seat cupra, there is no cleverer purchase at the moment. True , won't attract girls until they are sat in , but hey if you rely on cars to get girls ..... good for you.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Ah a call center bod, I bill at least that each month
    Exactly .
    Save the pennies and buy something in a better price range.
    Last edited by SuperZ; 11 August 2009, 21:12.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by HornyHorse View Post
    Cheapskates , 10k jeez I bill that every 6 months! Ha!
    Ah a call center bod, I bill at least that each month

Leave a comment:

• HornyHorse
    replied
    Cheapskates , 10k jeez I bill that every 6 months! Ha!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://www.pistonheads.com/roadtests...p?c=47&i=20380

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Get a JCB GT

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Quote "Or just a sock puppet?"

Or just having a laugh...........
    Surely nobody is taking this thread THAT seriously. If so
    Last edited by SuperZ; 4 August 2009, 10:18.

Leave a comment:

• MrNoMotivation
    replied
    I wish a few of you were doctors so I wouldn't have to read this rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post

As my final word on this, make sure you all keep out of the right lane (the BMW lane)
    I can't work out if you are a genuine BMW fanboy (ahh pity them, they don’t know any better) ...or a stooge??

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Ok, you win (I know it's so important for you BMW punters).

BTW I know you don't care about it (English, spelling, that tulip) but your mention of Clarkson hating the "roaster" did make me smile. But you still win, because you must.
    Cool, that`s settled then
    I don`t have to win, I jsut always do.

Stir stir

As my final word on this, make sure you all keep out of the right lane (the BMW lane)

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Superchav View Post
    I win

Ok, you win (I know it's so important for you BMW punters).

BTW I know you don't care about it (English, spelling, that tulip) but your mention of Clarkson hating the "roaster" did make me smile. But you still win, because you must.
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 3 August 2009, 20:05.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I think that (whilst I'm not Clarkson's biggest fan by any means) most people would take his word over the late (and not missed by me at all) Jade Goody (who incidentally drove a Bentley and has therefore gone up very slightly in my estimation).

OK let's see;

Hard roof and an ugly backside.
    Some would say it is a beautiful car

The traction control light flickers constantly, suggesting that the suspension is so stiff the rear wheels are actually airborne half the time.
    BS - if you can`t drive it properly it may do that, drive it properly and it doesn`t

It lurches and pitches and is generally pretty horrid.
    Takes a little while to get used to(like one hour or less), but it`s a machine for driving hard - when you do this it comes into it`s own

The brakes that are too sharp
    Rubbish - the brakes are just awesome. They feel sharp at first but you soon get used to it and handling the immense braking power is easy and fun.

The clutch that requires practice
    Rubbish, a little practice maybe but it isn`t difficult

The steering system [has] been toughened up — but not enough — and you’re left with something rather underwhelming.

Which of those drawbacks would any sane buyer see as a virtue, then, Jade?
    Jade, no, those who demand an exciting drive and a challenging drive - one that rewards the driver when it all comes together at speed.

I win

PS He hated the Roaster also I believe but got all excited about it when he took it to a race track. Did he do that with the Coupe, a car more dialled in to such use? No.
    Now Plato, he`s worth listening to.
    Last edited by SuperZ; 3 August 2009, 19:48.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Of course, motoring experts who drive the worlds best cars or the opinion of you.
    Meeeeeeee, because I don`t feel the need to try to be contraversial to justify earning £220kpa for a newspaper column while also trying to recruit chavs into a fan base to further propel a career in BS.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    you can tell the quality of a person but those they like to quote. Clarkson, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Please don`t quote Jady Goody next for gawds sake.
    I think that (whilst I'm not Clarkson's biggest fan by any means) most people would take his word over the late (and not missed by me at all) Jade Goody (who incidentally drove a Bentley and has therefore gone up very slightly in my estimation).

Bagbuss, torque & power combined is what ya need. Not 9000rpm of buzzy lawnmower torque and just a bit more power than a Dyson

With Clarkson you can`t always tell if he likes a car or not, some of those downsides he mentions are reasons others will buy the car.
    OK let's see;

Hard roof and an ugly backside.

The traction control light flickers constantly, suggesting that the suspension is so stiff the rear wheels are actually airborne half the time.

It lurches and pitches and is generally pretty horrid.

The brakes that are too sharp

The clutch that requires practice

The steering system [has] been toughened up — but not enough — and you’re left with something rather underwhelming.

Which of those drawbacks would any sane buyer see as a virtue, then, Jade?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X