• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Here we go again: Government to tax the view from your house"

Collapse

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    If they're serious just another example of how incredibly desperate this Government is becoming.

They delude themselves though. They can't or won't be able to afford an increase in PS employees. Soon they're going to have to cull PS jobs, not create more. It's those ever diminishing tax receipts that's the problem for these idiots.

Once tax & regulation is in excess of what is economically sustainable for private industry & individuals, there is a simple conceptual formula way beyond the intellect of Brown and Prescott.

Increase tax = less tax receipts.

It's a formula that has been screwing up Brown's plans for a long time now. Yet still he ignores it. Still this idiot Chancellor believes our money grows on trees in our back gardens.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman
    Front page atricle at http://www.telegraph.co.uk

"Having a nice view or living next door to a golf course are going to cost householders more in council tax under Labour plans.

Taxpayers are set to be charged hundreds of pounds extra a year if they are in a conservation area, next to an open space, have a swimming pool or tennis court or enjoy full or partial views of the sea, hills, mountains, lakes or rivers.

Extra charges are also expected to be levied on homes with more bedrooms than average, conservatories, large patios or gardens, roof terraces or balconies. Homes in "gated communities" will also face higher bills."

etc...

Of course, it needs a fancy new computer system...

"Detailed documentation from John Prescott's Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, shows that the exercise will cost at least £105 million. Of this, £45 million is going on a new "computer-assisted mass appraisal system" which will help officials to obtain specific details on every property in England."

Sending out surveyors to check the details will obviously cost, but £45 million is on a new "computer-assisted mass appraisal system" ?

Sigh...

Not wishing to cast aspersions on your reporting skills Sysman but I couldn't find this article from the link you gave

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    I bet you left a 'sample' behind as well....
    I heard he jacked off on the curtains while she had a shower.

Leave a comment:

• Marcus Aurelius
    replied
    This is NL gaining its revenge for having the council tax mass-rebanding delayed.

Also, what's the betting that David Blunkett is put in charge?

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    You dont 'live' in Swindon. You exist.

I think they filmed parts of 28 Days Later there.... was easier to find Zombies rather than pay actors....

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "I live in Swindon and the view from my house is a large block of flats on one side and the new hospital on the other.

You can see the hospital. That means nurses! There's a nurse tax you know ! And double tax on Fridays when they wear black stockings. "

Surely there is a living in Swindon rebate available.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    I bet you left a 'sample' behind as well....

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Blood pressure

I once had a medical done by a "drop dead gorgeous" nurse from Finland. When she bent over to take my blood pressure I noticed her top button was undone and revealing great taste in lingerie and a wonderful cleavage.

I am surprised I passed the medical............!! I did!!

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    A nurse I used to,
    used to what? come on put me ot of my misery.

btw trap 2 in use for the next 5 mins.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    A nurse I used to, was in the habit of shortening all her uniforms to just cover the giggle band. She always wore stockings and thongs.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    He he... did you know that student nurses get measured for their uniforms and receive 5 of them? It has to be said they arent quite like the fantasy though....

Just some information I thought id share
    It depends who does the measuring!

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    He he... did you know that student nurses get measured for their uniforms and receive 5 of them? It has to be said they arent quite like the fantasy though....

Just some information I thought id share

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    well I'm fecked then, living oposite open fields, with woods behind and a conservatory......feck I may just moving into a flat in Highbury, the CT would be halved.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by datestamp
    You can see the hospital. That means nurses! There's a nurse tax you know ! And double tax on Fridays when they wear black stockings.

Leave a comment:

• datestamp
    replied
    I live in Swindon and the view from my house is a large block of flats on one side and the new hospital on the other.
    You can see the hospital. That means nurses! There's a nurse tax you know ! And double tax on Fridays when they wear black stockings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X