• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chloe Smith - Possibly New MP for Norwich North"

Collapse

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I am absolutely appalled the inbred, sibling-shagging, Easy Anglian carrot munchers demonstrated a complete lack of any imagination whatsoever.
    Translation - you're peeved that they got to cast a vote after the expenses scandal, but you've got to wait until next May.

What is your definition of "imagination" though - what were you hoping for - presumably to vote for whatever party you support.

More people voted for the "other" parties combined than the winning candidate. That shows some imagination in the voters - they just couldn't galvanise around a single fringe candidate.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    1991 was entirely the Tories fault - no doubt about that. But its unfair to blame them for the early 1980 recession...
    Christ Almighty. Right. Let's get this over and done with.

This is just arguing which is best, the Tossers or the Winkers. They're as bad as each other and since Blair came in, there's no difference anyway.

Why not just go the full hog and advocate a two party system like the Merkins have? Then we can be done with democracy altogether and just argue about what f***ing colour to vote for.

New Labour: tulipe.
    Tories: tulipe.
    Big party politics: guaranteed tulipe.

Anyone arguing for voting Labour or Tory is a f***ing idiot or a child or has no functional f***ing memory.

And don't bother with "But, ah, yes, being rogered by the Tories was much nicer because their fiddling was posh fiddling" because it doesn't f***ing wash.

I am absolutely appalled the inbred, sibling-shagging, Easy Anglian carrot munchers demonstrated a complete lack of any imagination whatsoever. They've just rolled over to be rogered by the bugger on the other side of the bed. I hope the sea levels rise and it drowns the f***ing lot of them. Although their webbed fingers and 17 toes means they'll probably survive.

And it's not even as if she's a looker, FFS.
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 25 July 2009, 08:25. Reason: Not enough f***ing passion

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by mace View Post
    Sadly, I'm old enough to know this isn't true. The last 2 recessions happened under a Tory administration and the civil service also increased it's numbers under Thatcher. Thatcher can be thanked for breaking up the more militant unions. The UK economy has been in long term decline since 1870. We've had LibDem, Tory and Labour (old and new) since then without much difference having been made by any of them.
    1991 was entirely the Tories fault - no doubt about that.

But its unfair to blame them for the early 1980 recession. The country was virtually bankrupt when the Tories came to power and there was no chance of avoiding it.

For instance, next May unemployment will probably be just under 3 million. When the tories win, unemployment will rise over 3 million - and I'm sure 10 years from now, people will spin this as a way of showing that unemployment was higher under the tories, even though it was entirely Labour's fault.

Likewise, statistics show that Labour have the "best record" on repayment of the national debt because the lowest point was just after the 1997 election

Leave a comment:

• sweetandsour
    replied
    FFS.

This is the 21st Century. Is a woman's physical appeal (which is subjective anyway) still the only criteria on which she is going to be judged?

FFS.

Originally posted by ArthurBigot View Post
    • Never started a company or run a successful business
    • Not raised a family
    • No real life experience outside talking shops
    At least someone can talk some sense on the subject.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Is it just me (it may be) but does anyone else find her strangely attractive?

www.chloesmith.org.uk

/IGMC
    She's pretty but she needs to drop the 'dyke' hairstyle.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    The best (and only good thing) about the Conservatives is they are not New Labour.

That's all you really need to know to vote Conservative.

Leave a comment:

• mace
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    At least those whiskey swilling toffs will have a modicum of business experience and commonsense, and know that you should only spend what is affordable.
    Sadly, I'm old enough to know this isn't true. The last 2 recessions happened under a Tory administration and the civil service also increased it's numbers under Thatcher. Thatcher can be thanked for breaking up the more militant unions. The UK economy has been in long term decline since 1870. We've had LibDem, Tory and Labour (old and new) since then without much difference having been made by any of them.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    can we have some ugly, whiskey swilling toffs as MPs as well?
    Oxymoron.

You can have whisky swilling toffs but not whiskey swilling toffs.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    Tory win..... nice.... 27 year old, could have ben a blair babe had the times been different.

Will the tories really be different? I will still vote for them, but can we have some ugly, whiskey swilling toffs as MPs as well?

At least those whiskey swilling toffs will have a modicum of business experience and commonsense, and know that you should only spend what is affordable.

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Wow

Tory win..... nice.... 27 year old, could have ben a blair babe had the times been different.

Will the tories really be different? I will still vote for them, but can we have some ugly, whiskey swilling toffs as MPs as well?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by ArthurBigot View Post
    • Never started a company or run a successful business
    • Not raised a family
    • No real life experience outside talking shops

& do we really need more wimmin in politics?
    I agree 100%. Women have far more other things to worry their pretty little heads about like cooking and cleaning up for their hard working husbands. And to show my appreciation I will allow my wife to pleasure when I return from spending the evening in the pub.

Leave a comment:

• mace
    replied
    Looks like David Milliband in disguise. You know that all the mainstream politicians went to the same universites and most of them have switched allegiances at 1 time or another. Don't know why anybody cheers when Labour loses and Tories win. They have the same policies, they're the same chinless wonders.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Just what we need - another no-life-experience professional politician.
    Mind you if she wins it wont stop CyberTwunt needing his curtains laundered again.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes get your coat and take a cab straight to the opticians.
    Although you'll probably need drastic eye surgery.

HTH
    Two words.

Caroline Flint

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    She has also been a member of the TimeTogether scheme which helps refugees in the UK find their feet and contribute to British life.

What sort of Tory is she? Jeez.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X