• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: General DANNATT

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "General DANNATT"

Collapse

• ratewhore
    replied
    General Dannatt has the support of his army. I doubt any member of the Labour party even has the support of their own constituents right now. That speaks volumes, as does the turnaround from 'Lord' Malloch-Brown...

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Thankfully the government of the day kept us out of that nasty American war .....
    There were about 10 UK blokes there who were attached to US units at the time; I used to know one of them. (RIP, JD).

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Yep. The only year since WW2 in which UK forces were not engaged in active service somewhere in the world was 1967 (I believe).
    Thankfully the government of the day kept us out of that nasty American war .....

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    OH flip - read the ******* question. I read is General Danatt a ..., not George boll*ck breath so voted incorrectly.

If the head of the Army cannot speak up for his troops, who can?

BTW - arn't we on active service somewhere in the world constantly - GW1, Balkans, Siera Leone, Afganistan, Iraq, etc.

Next time I will read the question ...
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    In case anyone doubts that General Dannatt is sincere, and justified in his demands, the Chief of the Defence Staff (CDS) emphatically and publicly agrees with him, and the CDS agreeing with the CGS (Dannatt) is apparently somewhat like Osama bin Laden and George Bush being of one accord!

(The CGS, formerly CIGS, is the head army honcho, and the CDS is one of the heads of the MoD i.e. deals with all services, formerly War Office, Admiralty, and Air Ministry.)
    Thanks for the clarification and yes, for clarity:

CGS = Head of Army (formerly Chief of the Imperial General Staff)
    CDS = Head of Forces (currently Sir Jock Stirrup (ex-Chief of the Air Staff)).

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    In case anyone doubts that General Dannatt is sincere, and justified in his demands, the Chief of the Defence Staff (CDS) emphatically and publicly agrees with him, and the CDS agreeing with the CGS (Dannatt) is apparently somewhat like Osama bin Laden and George Bush being of one accord!

(The CGS, formerly CIGS, is the head army honcho, and the CDS is one of the heads of the MoD i.e. deals with all services, formerly War Office, Admiralty, and Air Ministry.)
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 22 July 2009, 13:02.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    Apparantly Mandy went to north Norwich (by election) but the labour candidate was down with swine flu and the rest of the labour staff refused to meet anyone in case they were 'infectious'.

He is a Machievellian **** , like a billy nomates.
    fixed that for you.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    You should have option: "Military Coup please - quick"

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Bring out Mandelson ... "how'd you like 'dem apples, bitch?"
    Apparantly Mandy went to north Norwich (by election) but the labour candidate was down with swine flu and the rest of the labour staff refused to meet anyone in case they were 'infectious'.

He ended up wandering around Norwich like a billy nomates.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    There's a good chance that labour will go from holding the seat to coming 4th or 5th. Can't wait to see some muppet from the government try to explain that one on Friday morning!
    Bring out Mandelson ... "how'd you like 'dem apples, bitch?"

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    True.

In Browns press conference this morning he concluded by saying that he believed "voters in the by elections will make the right choices for the UK economy".

Oh, I do hope so.
    There's a good chance that labour will go from holding the seat to coming 4th or 5th. Can't wait to see some muppet from the government try to explain that one on Friday morning!

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Yep. The only year since WW2 in which UK forces were not engaged in active service somewhere in the world was 1967 (I believe).
    Summer of Love - any coincidence?

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    OH flip - read the ******* question. I read is General Danatt a ..., not George boll*ck breath so voted incorrectly.

BTW - arn't we on active service somewhere in the world constantly - GW1, Balkans, Siera Leone, Afganistan, Iraq, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Is there any point? I think most people came to realise ages ago that if person A takes one position and person B takes another position ,and person A is labour MP or stooge....then you don't need to know anything about either position to know that person B is, by definition, right?
    True.

In Browns press conference this morning he concluded by saying that he believed "voters in the by elections will make the right choices for the UK economy".

Oh, I do hope so.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    OH **** - read the ******* question. I read is General Danatt a ..., not George boll*ck breath so voted incorrectly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X