• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fiscal ruin of the Western world beckons"

Collapse

• ralphc
    replied
    hmmm...

don't think we're heading that way... although it's very probable that we could. the thing is governments only concern themselves with at-hand problems and never really worry much about the future...

but look at the bright side. today in the EU VAT carbon trading taxes are already VAT exempt, which is a step forward.

i think we'd get there in the end. the thing is we're like a dying car, it takes quite some time for us to get started but we do start at some point. here's hoping.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    snaw and cyberman,

you two should get a room

Milan.

I believe Cyberman prefers the park.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    I think when it comes to cyberman there'd be a long queue outside wanting a go at him ...

True, cos people just don't like being wrong, do they !!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    snaw and cyberman,

Milan.
    I think when it comes to cyberman there'd be a long queue outside wanting a go at him ...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    snaw and cyberman,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Well, you are one to talk. At least I don't spend my time just insulting people, and can at least put a lucid argument together.
    Wrong again.

I pretty much limit it to insulting you. Mainly because you're a sad excuse for a human being and you deserve it.

And you've never once produced a lucid argument on here. Talking rot and stating your ludicrous opinions as fact aren't evidence of a lucid argument, just evidence that you're a bit thick. Backed up with further evidence (Above) that actually you're a coward.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    I would hope that in 2010 we will begin preparation for the third loaf

fingers crossed, second loaf will be the key

especially in today's economic situation, infact the second loaf will be the test as to whether the model also works when the chips are down

the key to it all however, is contracting, so fingers crossed for all of us that we are still in contracts next year

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    You know, that really is quite pathetic. Brave man behind a screen and all that.

Well, you are one to talk. At least I don't spend my time just insulting people, and can at least put a lucid argument together.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    O/S,

the question is, will the plan b be profitable and offer future revenues and growth

hopefully by the end of the year we will have indicators as to the direction of the second loaf of bread
    Good luck with the benes plan b. Is it time to create a placeholder thread for the "third loaf of bread" announcement in 2010? When will all be revealed?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I get enough **** on this BB without extending it into real life.
    You know, that really is quite pathetic. Brave man behind a screen and all that.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Say's the bloke who's frightened to tell his neighbour off for putting his bins out early ...

I get enough **** on this BB without extending it into real life.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    O/S,

the subject of the plan b is boring

having a plan b is not the be all and end all

anybody can have a plan b for plan b's sake

the question is, will the plan b be profitable and offer future revenues and growth

benes plan b is a fledgling company, get the second loaf of bread out of the way and I will be more satisfied/content that the model works, and that the first loaf was not simply a lucky break and one hit wonder

hopefully by the end of the year we will have indicators as to the direction of the second loaf of bread

what I want to say to all is..., if somebody on here talks big about their plan b, just ignore it, don't let it give you anxieties that you have no plan b, because, having a plan b does not mean that one will not throw an investment down the plug hole

I wish everybody luck with their plan b's, and everybody who does not have a plan b don't worry, a plan b has more chance of losing you money than making you money

secondly, if you do a plan b, get someone else to run it, don't whatever you do give up the contracting day job or even think about giving up the contracting day job until, the plan b can sustainably deliver more than the contracting returns, chances are, after your plan b has failed, contracting will still be there, but if you jacked in contracting to do your plan b then you will run the risk of losing your skillz

decisions decisions eh

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Why not post an opinion rather than forever cutting and pasting boring articles ? Are you frightened of making enemies and being called names ?
    Say's the bloke who's frightened to tell his neighbour off for putting his bins out early ...

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Why not post an opinion rather than forever cutting and pasting boring articles ? Are you frightened of making enemies and being called names ?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Indeed, the economy of Ireland and it's welfare state is directly comparable to the economy of the USA (And Britain, and Europe) ...

FFS, America barley has a welfare state. Let's not go into how ludicrous it is to compare the economy of Ireland with the US, Britain or Ireland.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X