• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sign of Times: Bankruptcies rise to new record"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I was interested in what people were saying about the economy while it appeared to be booming.

I was inspired by that quote DimPrawn (?) uses in his sig from s*******y about house-prices rising forever.
    I remember saying the housing bubble would pop and the level of borrowing was madness and would end in disaster years ago and being told by many it was all rational supply and demand, different this time etc. Things have proved worse than I could have imagined.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Whatever happened to Rebecca Loos?
    sharing a bed sit with Sayara Beg

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    What made you search so far back?
    I was interested in what people were saying about the economy while it appeared to be booming.

I was inspired by that quote DimPrawn (?) uses in his sig from s*******y about house-prices rising forever.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    SEarching for loos?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos View Post
    it's all a good thing really.

Who's losing out in a bankrupcy? Creditors.

So with dozens of thousands of bankrupcies, I feel there will be a lot of creditors going under too

Which means credit will be less available in the future

Which is good

@rebecanomics 2005
    Whatever happened to Rebecca Loos?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    And the Panama one in Scotland made them get rid of their parliament and go cap in hand to England.
    Potted history of that here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/state/n...arien_01.shtml

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    And the Panama one in Scotland made them get rid of their parliament and go cap in hand to England.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos

So with dozens of thousands of bankrupcies, I feel there will be a lot of creditors going under too
    Which is good

@rebecanomics 2005
    Rebecca, three questions:

1. How many mortgage companies, credit card companies or banks do you think will go under?

2. Who do you think will end up paying for all those bad debts?

3. How often in history has the bursting of a massive debt bubble, anywhere in the developed world, not been very painful for all concerned?

Leave a comment:

• polski
    replied
    I'm in it

Well,
    after Y2K I ended up permie, but suffering from a contractor lifestyle, borrowed from Peter to pay Paul.

Now in an IVA, facing years on uncreditworthiness.

perhaps bankruptcy was a better option.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    Really?

Sure you'll feel the same when one or more of your customers goes bust?

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied

Which is good

@rebecanomics 2005

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Ironic that the UK wanted to lecture Germany on the merits of the NL WunderWerkSchaft .... what a load of old tosh !

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Vicous circle

Well it the availablity of credit whihc has fuelled inflation in the first.

The reaction to lenders to this will be to be a little bit more selctive about who they lend too.

Hoever cue the govt who will in order to curry favour with an ever endebted electorate, will relax the bankruptcy laws so that people will rather go bankrupt than repay their debts.

So all the lender will charge the poeple that are lending responsibly more

And who said the govt never fixed anything

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    property isn't a problem is it ?

don't you just transfer the house to another family member and then pull the rip cord ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X