• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dystopia now

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dystopia now"

Collapse

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Is this incitement to murder ? Be careful cos you don't know who polices these boards. You could end up like poor David Kelly.
    My concerns precisely; indeed, I was discussing only yesterday with an "authority figure" the nature of evidence in a particular case and suggested that, unless Alistair Campbell had suddenly got a gig at <insertnameoffavouritegovernmentbodyhere> there wasn't a hope in hell of this being successful.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Is this incitement to murder ? Be careful cos you don't know who polices these boards. You could end up like poor David Kelly.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    How about a couple of those sentry guns out of Aliens linked to some facial recognition software?
    Yup. I'm afraid "nuking from orbit" might be a tad indiscriminate.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It's a bitch getting the match grade 50 cal ammo though.
    .50 calibre ammunition would be by far and away too large a round to be used for this task.

If someone wants to google the size of a .50 round, they'll see the nature of the problem.

NOTE: If anyone is reading this from any governmental bodies, this is a simple exercise in humour and is not to be considered to be a conspiracy or anything of that nature. None of the posters on here (AFAIA) is Gary McKinnon and, whilst we're on the subject of Mr McKinnon - FFS, try him in the UK; if at all. Note also CPS guidance in matters of mental health.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Next to decide the weapon.
    How about a couple of those sentry guns out of Aliens linked to some facial recognition software?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Next to decide the weapon.

This piece of artillery looks like just the ticket Barrett M107

If seriously planning something like that, I think a remote controlled bomb-laden plane might be the way to go.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 15 July 2009, 18:41.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I'd like to train to become the sniper. Please.
    Like a couple of others here I wouldn't need the training, just a little setup time with the appropriate equipment.

I'd consider doing it for free for the greater good.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    I'm only surprised that nobody has actually done it yet.

Not Blair necessarily (though God knows he deserves it), but Brown.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I'd like to train to become the sniper. Please.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I can help out with setting up an offshore non-GBP account.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    started a poll Dystopia now

Dystopia now

Offer to pay for rounds
    16.67%
    Offer to spot
    41.67%
    Offer to pay into a GBP denominated account
    8.33%
    Seek to retain of clean hands
    0.00%
    AndyW is a crack shot
    33.33%
    Ladies and gents, imagine a time in the not-too-distant future when the following has occurred:

1. The new European Fuhrer is the grinning twat himself (Blair)

2. The UK quisling is Mandelson quietly moving the £ to €

3. Democracy (e.g., elections) have been suspended to facilitate the Age of Change

If the people were to hire a sniper and give him two rounds, please vote in the poll (to follow)

Working...
X