• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boris

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boris"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You just can't see him having to make a decision given a number of options and working out logically which one is the best.
    He got rid of the murder-approver at the top of the Met. For that one decision, he earned his year's salary as far as I am concerned.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Sod this. I'm off to the old site. No yoghurt weaving Guardian buying permie-tractors back over there!
    Indeed, I was more Ghengis Khan, daily wail back in those days.

I've gone soft.

<btw how do you weave yoghurt?>

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    I think they are having a better debate than we are on the subject.

Honestly, this board has become full of wishy-washy liberals. Moaning about the "tone" of the Mayor's comments! Pray tell, should he become more "in tune" with the electorate, and stay "on message"?!
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Don't let the door slap you on your arse on your way out.

Sod this. I'm off to the old site. No yoghurt weaving Guardian buying permie-tractors back over there!
    Last edited by swamp; 14 July 2009, 20:28.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied

Honestly, this board has become full of wishy-washy liberals. Moaning about the "tone" of the Mayor's comments! Pray tell, should he become more "in tune" with the electorate, and stay "on message"?!
    Don't let the door slap you on your arse on your way out.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    £390k a year?

Chickenfeed!
    What Boris should have asked is:

"Is the issue that he is moonlighting?" or is it he fact that he is earning £250,000?

If he had asked that question then it have forced the interviewer to either to drop the amount or leave himself exposed to charges of hypocrisy.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    How the fook does this dimwit earn £390k a year?

Linky.
    £390k a year?

Chickenfeed!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    How the fook does this dimwit earn £390k a year?

Linky.

How did the Kinnocks amass a 12 million pound pension. It's called the political gravy train !!

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Really, links to a post on another board?

Scraping the barrel a bit aren't we now, resorting to this?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Really, links to a post on another board?

Scraping the barrel a bit aren't we now, resorting to this?

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...%27/article.do

Boris gets 140k as mayor. Plus 250k from the newspaper who have written not one singleword about Boris's expenses, 100k a year. We are paying our mayor's mortgage for him. Boris is a complacent fool but his snout is in the trough along with the other graspers, and the media leave him alone. Boris has lost 6 aides in one year, Ken lost one in 6 years. Incompetent, grasping scrounger, get rid of him.

- Colin Amyes, London SE3
    #Colin Amyes, London SE3

Ladies and Gentlemen - we have finnaly found a Labour supporter on this board!! Wow! How does it feel to have voted for a party that is crippling the common man with massive taxation and loading dept onto your great grandchildren? Are you proud?

- Simon King, London

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I like Boris' gaffes, they are good for winding up the lower classes

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Nah, not at all. Not really that bothered by the statement personally, just think it was a stupid thing for Boris to say. Another in a long list of stupid things he's said. Not ideal for a politician.

You couldn't be any more wrong in your view about my motives. Honestly it's the biggest hole in this argument you keep propounding, somehow that because I'm a lefty I've an issue with people having, coming from or making money. Simply, utterly and absolutely not true.

I judge people on who they are, not their net worth - that goes both ways, got a friend who's a minor royal (Somewhere in the mid 100's in line to the throne) and a couple of friends from a family from serious cash (Big houses, boats and a private plane), as much as I've mates who come from nothing and have nothing.

I like Boris' gaffes, they are good for winding up the lower classes

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Wrong time of the month snaw?
    Nah, not at all. Not really that bothered by the statement personally, just think it was a stupid thing for Boris to say. Another in a long list of stupid things he's said. Not ideal for a politician.

You couldn't be any more wrong in your view about my motives. Honestly it's the biggest hole in this argument you keep propounding, somehow that because I'm a lefty I've an issue with people having, coming from or making money. Simply, utterly and absolutely not true.

I judge people on who they are, not their net worth - that goes both ways, got a friend who's a minor royal (Somewhere in the mid 100's in line to the throne) and a couple of friends from a family from serious cash (Big houses, boats and a private plane), as much as I've mates who come from nothing and have nothing.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Eh?

Wrong as usual DA.

I have no problem with him earning £240,000 whatsoever. Good on him. My comment is purely about his gaffe in describing it as chickenfeed. It's the gaffes I've an issue with, with Boris, not his earning power.

Thought I'd finally put paid to this tired old argument you keep rolling out a couple of months back, but here you go again with it.

And FYI, Alan Sugar is a bigger twat than Boris; I actually kind of like Boris - I just don't want him in charge of anything with even a little bit of actual responsibility.
    Wrong time of the month snaw?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    The old class war and inverted snobbery still rages doesnt it snaw? Even though you have joined the elite ranks of the top 1% of earners in this country, you cannot stand the fact that there are still people higher up the social ladder than you.
    Perhaps we should have your chippy inverted snob "sir Alan" as Lord Mayor?
    I should think his earnings would make Boris look like a pauper..
    Eh?

Wrong as usual DA.

I have no problem with him earning £240,000 whatsoever. Good on him. My comment is purely about his gaffe in describing it as chickenfeed. It's the gaffes I've an issue with, with Boris, not his earning power.

Thought I'd finally put paid to this tired old argument you keep rolling out a couple of months back, but here you go again with it.

And FYI, Alan Sugar is a bigger twat than Boris; I actually kind of like Boris - I just don't want him in charge of anything with even a little bit of actual responsibility.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X