• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did you have a nice weekend?"

Collapse

• Menelaus
    replied
    Friday night - good (actually, may contain traces of lie. Excellent is a more appropriate aphorism).

Saturday - fairly good, spent the day with the dog chilling out

Sunday - good, got an email asking me to pitch for a £20,000 piece of work (one month piece of work) in the City

All in all, a good weekend.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Popped down to Manchester for the weekend...

Went to see the Eagles, then stopped off afterwards in the Hard Rock Cafe for (far too many) cocktails. Spent a lot of yesterday recovering

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Weekend was rainy; trained, ate lots of shepherd's pie and didn't do much else.

Now working at home; have just chucked some chlorine in the pool while waiting for clientco's deploy.

How's Beirut? I've always wanted to visit Lebanon; is it peaceful now? How about the prices?
    I remember Beirut back in the 60's when it was the Playboy capital of the Middle East. These days most parts are now rebuilt, but is looking a bit too modern to me, much of the charm of the old has been lost IMO.

Still a great place for a short break though.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Spent the weekend at my mothers, eating too much and staying up late into the night chatting (very chilled)

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Spent Sat/Sun afternoons/evening in the pub to stop me having 'bright' ideas regarding what I am working on and having to spend the next week fixing the damage.

Now it's Monday, I'm not sure what to do.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    Yep, wife and I went to a friends wedding (his second) in Beirut. Great wedding and also good to see many friends that I have not seen for years.

Still, back to the office now and no more breaks planned till Aug.

PZZ
    Weekend was rainy; trained, ate lots of shepherd's pie and didn't do much else.

Now working at home; have just chucked some chlorine in the pool while waiting for clientco's deploy.

How's Beirut? I've always wanted to visit Lebanon; is it peaceful now? How about the prices?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Did you have a nice weekend?
    Not bad. I decided to cut down a tree in the front garden on a whim yesterday. My left shoulder hurts so much I can barely type.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Yep, wife and I went to a friends wedding (his second) in Beirut. Great wedding and also good to see many friends that I have not seen for years.

Still, back to the office now and no more breaks planned till Aug.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic Did you have a nice weekend?

Working...
X