• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is the best insurance price comparison website?"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Insurance is a crock of tulip. I've just done a quick search as mine is due in a couple of weeks.

I had a slight bump in early 2007 (a couple of hundred to fix at the most) and some scrote broke into my car while I was at the supermarket, knackering the lock and damaging the door. Again - not a hugely expensive fix. Total cost to the insurance company was about 700. Added to that I got pulled for speeding in Jan 2006 and got 3 points. Other than that, nothing in the whole time I've been driving (about 18 years)

The lowest I can get is about 400

If I drop either one of the claims out of it I can get it down to 282. So because some scrote decided to pick my car out of all of the cars in Sainsburys car park I get stung for an extra 120 quid. It's not like my actions in going to the supermarket were that of a bad driver. The car had nothing valuable on display. On the second claim I wouldn't have claimed had I kknown it would cost me this much (it was higher on the last 2 years) but only found out about the effect on my no claims part when I came to renew. "oh they should have told you that when you placed the claim"

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    These online sites must be making money hand over fist.
    'uk me - I wondered why they were doing it!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Funnily enough...

Last week the Mrs & I spent about three hours going through eight price comparison web sites to get car insurance.

Beware of the "voluntary excess" and "compulsory excess". They all add both.

In the end we went with ... the bricks and mortar broker we have been using for about six years 'cos they were £2 cheaper than the cheapest on-line one. As they always are.

Motaquote in Windsor Road, Neath.

These online sites must be making money hand over fist.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Compare the Meerkat . com

/simples.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    comparisonofcomparethecomparisonwebsites.com

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    MoneySavingExpert.com has some good advice on this, and suggests combining the results from MoneySupermarket and GoCompare to get a broad selection of quotes.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I've tried a few but found Direct Line was cheaper than the 95% of the market the comparison sites claim to cover, I had to get a quote as a new customer though as they did try to bump it up.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Try:
    icantbearsedtodoanyresearchjustgivemeaquotesharpis handilltakeit.com

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    CompareTheMeerkat.com

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    You probably need to check out comparethecomparisonwebsites.com

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    started a poll What is the best insurance price comparison website?

What is the best insurance price comparison website?

GoCompare.com
    0.00%
    Confused.com
    40.00%
    Moneysupermarket.com
    0.00%
    TescoCompare.com
    0.00%
    CompareTheMarket.com
    0.00%
    Other
    60.00%
    I need to renew and don't want to use all of them.

Working...
X