• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Great British Summer"

Collapse

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Whose turn is it to riot this year?
    Ours, you can always count on Handsworth.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Had a gig at the Daily Ranger years ago, had great pleasure in telling Jim Traynor how much of an arse he was on the first day.
    Gaun' yersel'

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Good man - so a regular Daily Ranger reader then ?
    Had a gig at the Daily Ranger years ago, had great pleasure in telling Jim Traynor how much of an arse he was on the first day.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Sometimes get the Sunday Mason
    "Who's the mason in the black"

I'm an Caley Thistle fan and we got relegated so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Falkirk go into liquidation over the summer so we get to come back up!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Sometimes get the Sunday Mason

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Don't think either of them are around now, in a small place in the Scotish Enterprise Park ironically.

Aye, Giffnock, half of Scotland's Jews in about 2 square miles. Little Israel. I'm a left footer though.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Which one, Scottish Power or British Energy? (are they both still there?)

Actually, I just thought: if you're in Giffnock which synagogue do you go to?

Don't think either of them are around now, in a small place in the Scotish Enterprise Park ironically.

Aye, Giffnock, half of Scotland's Jews in about 2 square miles. Little Israel. I'm a left footer though.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    yeah its brilliant in the shade. Not so good in my office with SIX servers and a couple of switching humming and generating supreme heat. I haven't got much work done today. Tomorrow I'm shifting everything downstairs where it is much cooler. 'course by then the weather will cool down and return to normality (rain rain and more rain).

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Heatwave alert level increases..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8128382.stm

Doomed - we're Doomed I tell you!
    Doomed

I'm surprised we haven't had a wave of OAPs keeling over.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Heavy rain and thunder on its way here
    This is cancelled now .. I wish we had some rain from 9 to 5 ..

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Heatwave alert level increases..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8128382.stm

Doomed - we're Doomed I tell you!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I'm in an 'eco office' in EK which I think really means 'we were too skint to buy air con'
    That's exactly what it means and it's a crap attempt at an excuse. Modern eco offices maintain a comfortable temperature all year round using a combination of storing heat underground (pumping warm air into the ground in summer, re-using it in winter) in an aquifer, insulated ceilings, heat resistant windows and heat pumps; the Swiss Life office in Amstelveen is a good example. Unfortunately the technical explanation is in Dutch, but maybe you can find more information using the miracle of google.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    I'm in an 'eco office' in EK which I think really means 'we were too skint to buy air con' it is totally roasting and my nuts are stewing in me pants.
    Which one, Scottish Power or British Energy? (are they both still there?)

Actually, I just thought: if you're in Giffnock which synagogue do you go to?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I'm in an 'eco office' in EK which I think really means 'we were too skint to buy air con' it is totally roasting and my nuts are stewing in me pants.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    So even in Glasgow the weather's getting better ?
    Seems worse down south...

Live lightning

Leave a comment:

Working...
X