• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Car Advice

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car Advice"

Collapse

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Get a cheap Focus from Malta.

HTH
    Explain Please????

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Get a cheap Focus from Malta.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    I will look into that nearer the time.

Thanks
    I forgot to mention that some cos also give you a fuel card so you can hide the cost of petrol inside the rental package.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    From £9 a day here: http://www.apexrental.co.uk/long_term_rental/cars/ But would suggest you shop around for a better deal. Most include, maintenance insurance, tax etc that you would normally have to shell out for separately on your own car. If anything goes wrong they will bring you another one.

PZZ
    I will look into that nearer the time.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Thanks PZZ.

Just for my info

Roughly how much would it cost to hire a car for 6 months????
    From £9 a day here: http://www.apexrental.co.uk/long_term_rental/cars/ But would suggest you shop around for a better deal. Most include, maintenance insurance, tax etc that you would normally have to shell out for separately on your own car. If anything goes wrong they will bring you another one.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    I would of thought that long term hire was what you are looking for then. The costs should be 100% claimable against taxes. And you will have a brand new shiny car of your choice on your driveway.

PZZ
    Thanks PZZ.

Just for my info

Roughly how much would it cost to hire a car for 6 months????

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Troo Dat! I want to spend nothing. However I want to hear from my esteemed CUK buddies on their thoughts/experiences.

Come on hit me with the juice. Gimme the good stuff.
    I would of thought that long term hire was what you are looking for then. The costs should be 100% claimable against taxes. And you will have a brand new shiny car of your choice on your driveway.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    - 'Arold!

- You dirty ol' man ...

That's uncanny, it was like they were in the room

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    You are Harold Steptoe and I claim my 'as good as new' rusty bicycle frame.
    - 'Arold!

- You dirty ol' man ...

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Prius?

My understanding was that these are the most environmentally un-friendly cars due to the level of Nickel/Cadmium in the batteries.

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    When I knew I was going to be doing lots of driving I bought a Mazda RX8.
    You are Harold Steptoe and I claim my 'as good as new' rusty bicycle frame.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Prius?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Banger - get a petrol one though - extra purchase price of diesel car isn't worth it at banger level

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    When I knew I was going to be doing lots of driving I bought a Mazda RX8.
    I wanted a comfortable car that went fast, had air con, sat nav and a decent stereo - also I love the shape

I've had it 3 years now and still love it, it is a joy to drive and it growls brilliantly.

However it is not remotely economical, but it is shiny ...so very very shiny ... and red....and shiny......... <dribble>

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    option 1 is the one you know you want, Gwaaan gwaan.

'Cheap' fuel nowadays as well.
    Troo Dat! I want to spend nothing. However I want to hear from my esteemed CUK buddies on their thoughts/experiences.

Come on hit me with the juice. Gimme the good stuff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X