• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: B & B in Swansea

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "B & B in Swansea"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    "I was under the impresion that Welsh people were very nice too."

Your first visit should quash that particular misapprehension.

Leave a comment:

• Otace
    replied
    Thanks, Ancient.

Leave a comment:

• ancient
    replied
    http://www.marinaquayproperties.com/rentals.htm

Leave a comment:

• Otace
    replied
    Happy Diwali to everyone.

I am not sure about staying over at Zeta's pad. I suspect, Michael wouldn't like it very much.

The scary eyes and the lizards aren't warm blooded.

I am working over at the DVLA, so thanks guys for all the feedback. The contract is for six months and if I go the length I'll may be get a chance to enjoy it next summer.

Rhossil bay on the web site looks really nice, so I'll definitely be visiting, unfortunately I don't surf.

Ancient, I don't suppose you have any more info. on renting aprtment at the Marina.

I was under the impresion that Welsh people were very nice too.

Leave a comment:

• ancient
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    <the welsh people are extreemly nice and friendly >

No we're not.

We hate everybody.

Including each other.
    The welsh nation speaks
    Last edited by ancient; 31 October 2005, 22:14.

Leave a comment:

• ancient
    replied
    It's not deprived.

There's a whole street full of pubs.

Wall to wall piss heads on the weekend.

I never go there after dark...
    The Salvation Army and the Methodone Clinic was directly next to the building I was working in. The building was a slum and should have been condemed years ago. The Posthouse hotel (yuk), though the welsh people are extreemly nice and friendly - a bit like Geordies.

For those who have an interest in history, the same king ruled Northumberland and Wales many years ago.
    Last edited by ancient; 31 October 2005, 21:52.

Leave a comment:

• ancient
    replied
    Yeah.

Catherine will put you up, no probs.

Alternatively, there's the new Travel Inn in Wind Street, handy for all the pubs, or there's a Travel Lodge out on the Enterprise Zone, handy for... Asda and the Morganite carbon brush factory.

Depends a bit on where you're working really.
    I spent a little time at the DVLA several years ago in Swansea, the town was/is? very depressing and deprived.

Getting out near the coast and mumbles made it a little more bearable, but there again we are now in the winter season, so either way it is going to be bleak - take a few good books to read..

At this time of year you could probably rent a flat in the Marina, and atleast pop back and have a nice lunch and look out over the sea.
    Last edited by ancient; 31 October 2005, 21:50.

Leave a comment:

• ancient
    replied
    Originally posted by wc2
    A Giant lizard lives not far from Swansea.

Maybe he has a plant B&B
    Do not forget Zeta-Jones has a nice pad in Mumbles....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001876/
    Last edited by ancient; 31 October 2005, 20:10.

Leave a comment:

• wc2
    replied
    A Giant lizard lives not far from Swansea.

Maybe he has a plant B&B

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If you happen to be in Swansea make sure you visit Rhossili Bay, the best place I have seen in the UK and its only 1 hour drive from Swansea -- 30 miles I think but road is small so you won't be driving fast.

Leave a comment:

• ancient
    replied
    Originally posted by Otace
    Thanks Ancient and Mordac. When I did the google search these sites never came up. bnbserve site for anyone else interested http://www.bnbserve.co.uk.
    That is an excellent site, one I did not know about and I am sure it will be of use to a number of people. So it is a good job you asked the question.

I have just booked a hotel for later in the week for an interview based on closeness to the gig and could have found something cheaper here.

There again a night in the malmaison will not do me any harm

Looking forward to see n5gooner on Mastermind, though it would be pretty boring, Google would be his answer to every question, well either that or loads of ching.

Leave a comment:

• Otace
    replied
    Thanks Ancient and Mordac. When I did the google search these sites never came up. bnbserve site for anyone else interested http://www.bnbserve.co.uk.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Is BnBServe still going? (I can't be arsed to look up the URL, maybe someone else can remember it).

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    fing www.google.co.uk

do we really have to go through this all again....

Leave a comment:

• ancient
    replied
    http://www.enjoygower.com/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X