• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sack the incompetent bitch"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Plan B? Pah! Mines plan Triple-X

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    you planning to come to Eastern Europe with me ?

you can work for me on my plan b if you're any good

I'll be needing a driver and there's a few jobs to be done round the house

Milan.
    Thanks but no thanks Beansey. I don't fancy washing your crusty sock puppets.

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    what are all these plan B's? I know about Marillion's Xmas shops but everyone else is deeply secretive

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    you planning to come to Eastern Europe with me ?

you can work for me on my plan b if you're any good

I'll be needing a driver and there's a few jobs to be done round the house

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I am formulating a plan B, but it doesn't involve opening a tat shop or going permie. Plan C is to leave the country, I'm hoping it doesn't have to come to that.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    I don't have a plan B
    I do however have a few things on which are growing and one day will be sufficient to keep me in the lifestyle I want without me having to contract but I do not call that a plan B, it's all part of the same plan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    ahh,

good to hear things are going well in the MS world

do you have a plan b yet ?

it seems to be the in thang these days to have a plan b

MF has one, I have one do you have one ?

Don't tell me, yours is to move into outlook admins ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    and we can all sleep soundly in our beds knowing EDS will not be engaged in any further public sector contracts...
    Are you mad? Of course we want EDS to be involved in more public sector contracts... especially with HMRC.. Now you wouldn't want HMRC systems to work properly would you? Do you really want to be tax-investigated? No? Well, let's hope that EDS are doing the IT then, shall we?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    It isn't. I'm doing a Novell-2003 & Exchange migration. Actually, I'm just finishing off and killing a bit of time on ere. Been too busy to post much lately, and I intend to make up for lost time.
    How's the backup tape changing going round your neck of the woods?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Mordork,

how is the wonderful world of Microshaft Active Directory Administration treating you ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    1 -Which of the government ministers used to work for Anderson Consulting? It was Patricia Hewitt as I recall...

1 -I seem to remember one of the large consultancies was banned from government contracts by the Tories due to every project being an over budget failure. The same consultancy gave free assistance to Nu Labour to formulate their economic policy while in opposition...

3 -Funny old world, innit.
    Answers: 1 Correct (although I think it was Arthur Andersen to be strictly accurate - they used to be the same company before the consulting partners broke away in a row over how to split the profits)
    2 It was Arthur Andersen again, something to do with the DeLorean scandal.
    3 No, it fkin isn't.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Ah thank you Mr McQuiggd,

At last a contractor relevant point. Not only were the big consultancies given juicy government jobs, in spite of past incompetence, but also the introduction of IR35 was put into motion. Not particularly because contractors were competing with EDS et al but because they kept loosing their best people to the contract market. This is all a gross example of vulgar palm-greasing worthy only of a banana republic.

EDS = Contractor public enemy number one.

(IMHO)

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Which of the government ministers used to work for Anderson Consulting? It was Patricia Hewitt as I recall... I wonder which ones worked for EDS?

I seem to remember one of the large consultancies was banned from government contracts by the Tories due to every project being an over budget failure. The same consultancy gave free assistance to Nu Labour to formulate their economic policy while in opposition...

As soon as Nu Labour got elected, the ban on that consultancy was lifted and the court action for compensation was cancelled...

Oh, and look at the effect of the economic policy of Nu Labour... an over budget failure....

Funny old world, innit.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    and we can all sleep soundly in our beds knowing EDS will not be engaged in any further public sector contracts...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    mired in confusion
    little effective co-ordination
    little confidence
    immature
    disjointed
    weak
    vague
    not connected or coherent

There you have it in a nutshell - Dawn Primarolo's place in history.
    Are you talking about IR35 there or the fantastic 1/4 billion pound tax credit system?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X