• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did Barry the Light Worker (tm) just get played for the fool he is?"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Thankyou for applying for the post of village idiot.

We regret to inform you, that due to the overwhelming high stds of the applicants, the post is now filled.

Should another vacancy on this forum come up again in the near future, please go ahead and apply again. Perhaps CyberCretin will have died of pig flu by then.

Regards,

CUK Team.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    If I understand the question you are posing- you are speculating on the chances of peace in the Middle East while at the same time suggesting that the Israeli Presidents speech last night somehow was 'better' than the speech of the US President the previous week (erroneous for many reasons).

To have peace, you must first want peace and currently neither party to this dispute want peace as there is so much money, vested interests etc at stake that would be lost (directly and indirectly).

Having lived and worked in both Israel and The Middle East, one thing that struck me is how little each side know about each other and can only mange to make snide racist jokes and worse that have no basis in fact.
    As ever the start of the journey to peace starts with education and understanding and my feeling is that both sides are a long way from the starting block currently.

Two free and independent states side by side is the only sustainable solution, but as ever the current mess has its foundations in British colonialism to blame for where it is now!

PZZ
    I wouldn't waste your breathe on MM, honestly - you've more chance of getting a gibbon to write a discourse on crime and punishment by Dostoyevsky than get MM to understand a well thought out reasoned post on geopolitics.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    A masterful speech, full of real hope and change from Bibi on the weekend. But more importantly, did Bibi just play Barry for the novice/fool he is?

Although, in all honesty, what real chance of peace in the middle east was there? As long as arabs cling to their hatred for the Jew there will never be peace.

As the next Vice President said during her campaigning with the old codger, its all well and good to have some nice speeches, but when it comes to actually doing something, then Barry aint your man.

Wonder if Barry's 25yo speech writer will take notice of some of the historically correct content from Bibi's speech? Naw, probably not, after all Barry is so scarily intelligent!

Mailman
    If I understand the question you are posing- you are speculating on the chances of peace in the Middle East while at the same time suggesting that the Israeli Presidents speech last night somehow was 'better' than the speech of the US President the previous week (erroneous for many reasons).

To have peace, you must first want peace and currently neither party to this dispute want peace as there is so much money, vested interests etc at stake that would be lost (directly and indirectly).

Having lived and worked in both Israel and The Middle East, one thing that struck me is how little each side know about each other and can only mange to make snide racist jokes and worse that have no basis in fact.
    As ever the start of the journey to peace starts with education and understanding and my feeling is that both sides are a long way from the starting block currently.

Two free and independent states side by side is the only sustainable solution, but as ever the current mess has its foundations in British colonialism to blame for where it is now!

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Looks like he's gone.
    Probably his daily half-hour internet outreach therapy has ended.
    Phew! That was close.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Looks like he's gone.
    Probably his daily half-hour internet outreach therapy has ended.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    I guess Im an idealist, believing that Arabs could live in peace with jews!

Have faith my child, have faith!

Mailman
    God! You're a cretin.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Didn't they outsource the janitor role as part of cost cutting measures?
    That's true, actually. Hmm.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    True, very true.

So - mailman - you still at RBS?

Didn't they outsource the janitor role as part of cost cutting measures?

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
    True, very true.

So - mailman - you still at RBS?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Christ - you're sounding even loonier than normal. You stopped taking the medication?
    I think the operation was a failure.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Christ - you're sounding even loonier than normal. You stopped taking the medication?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    OR conversely they could say "hold on, them Israelis want to live in peace with us...and we want to live in peace with them".

Once again, a pretty radical concept for you to digest and one I fear many on the left will fail to comprehend.

As long as Arabs cling to their hatred of the Jew, there wont be peace in the middle east.

I guess its true, them arabs never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity

Mailman
    Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    MM, you're seriously one french fry short of a happy meal.
    I guess Im an idealist, believing that Arabs could live in peace with jews!

Have faith my child, have faith!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    He's referring to the speech by Benjamin Netanyahu on the willingness of Israel to accept the existence of a state of Palestine on, y'know, the land that they stole from the Palestinians.

The catch is that the Israelis will only accept this IF the Palestinians agree to become demilitarised.

If I were living in Gaza or the West Bank now I'd be thinking (cynical head on):

"Hold on, the Israelis are prepared to let us exist but only if we've got no guns meaning that they can come in and shoot and bomb us with impunity? **** that."
    OR conversely they could say "hold on, them Israelis want to live in peace with us...and we want to live in peace with them".

Once again, a pretty radical concept for you to digest and one I fear many on the left will fail to comprehend.

As long as Arabs cling to their hatred of the Jew, there wont be peace in the middle east.

I guess its true, them arabs never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Why, you wanting to sit next to him?

I can understand why your response is so defensive Snawsy, your prophet just got shown up to be a boy by Bibi.

I know, you are probably smarting right now, hoping those stinky jews will get their comeuppance...but you will get over it with time

Mailman
    MM, you're seriously one french fry short of a happy meal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X