• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: chipped tile

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "chipped tile"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by oraclesmith View Post
    You need ceramic adhesive like Araldite Rapid Ceramic And Glass Adhesive.
    Bumped to report on results: superb! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied
    Had a similar situation when drilling through tiles to fit a shower a while ago.

Use tile adhesive or one of the other solutions and colour in any small gap at the cracked edge with a coloured felt pen. It will soak in and make the edge almost unnoticeable.
    Last edited by gadgetman; 17 June 2009, 04:58.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Maybe its Maybellene
    may she was born with it?

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Theoretically that line of reasoning could be applied to any situation short of the worst imaginable.... it could be worse, and perhaps it will be.
    "Cheer up" they said "Things could get worse"....

So I did.... and they did.

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    Theoretically that line of reasoning could be applied to any situation short of the worst imaginable.... it could be worse, and perhaps it will be.
    If you have time to theorise about my flippant comment, count yourself lucky!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    There is always someone worse off than you, as they say in hospital (though maybe not when the sheet says nil by mouth and do not resuscitate).

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    If a chipped tile is your biggest worry count yourself lucky!

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    Which is what you will then have to do Unfortunately some of the tiles are part behind the washbasin so that would have to come off too........ so a bit of plumbing, sealing, as well as tiling and painting.....
    If a chipped tile is your biggest worry count yourself lucky!

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Yeah, I think it's a bit of a mare trying to get a tile off a wall without chipping or cracking it. You'd have at least two chipped tiles to handle afterwards. But the good news is that once you've got one tile out, the rest (perhaps a dozen or more by this time) will be much easier to remove.
    Which is what you will then have to do Unfortunately some of the tiles are part behind the washbasin so that would have to come off too........ so a bit of plumbing, sealing, as well as tiling and painting.....

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-cow-catcher.htm

You should really start a new thread for something so trivial as this one is dedicated to a serious matter.

PZZ
    You know you can add that 'PZZ' as a signature so you don't have to type it each time right?

Many Kind Regards,

Amiga500.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Good thought. (though as I said, if I were careful I wouldn't be in this position...)
    Yeah, I think it's a bit of a mare trying to get a tile off a wall without chipping or cracking it. You'd have at least two chipped tiles to handle afterwards. But the good news is that once you've got one tile out, the rest (perhaps a dozen or more by this time) will be much easier to remove.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Swap it with a tile that isn't in a conspicuous place (being careful not to chip the good one when you take it off).
    Good thought. (though as I said, if I were careful I wouldn't be in this position...)

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Swap it with a tile that isn't in a conspicuous place (being careful not to chip the good one when you take it off).

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Just ignore the chipped tile
    Relax and have a beer
    I could ignore the chipped tile. But there is a transitive 2-step relation that you are not taking account of:
    Partner does not ignore chipped tile.
    I do not ignore partner.

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Anyway...if it were me...I'd replace it. Its pretty easy to remove a broken tile. Remove the cement below and replace. Then redo the grout.
    If it were me, I'd replace it too, if I had a spare. I keep spares but the previous owner did not.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I always get confused between the toilet - the actual think you tulip in - and the room. For a moment there I thought you had a toilet made of tiles!

Anyway...if it were me...I'd replace it. Its pretty easy to remove a broken tile. Remove the cement below and replace. Then redo the grout.

If the house was forsale I'd just leave it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X