• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fuller's or Young's?"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Hey, I think I've been in that pub.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    I thought Viz had just made this lot up until now - RATs
    Ha! That's us

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    I thought Viz had just made this lot up until now - RATs

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Just because the brewery is big, it doesn't mean they only produce rubbish.
    No, not at all. It's just that we are spoiled for choice really. I like to try as many beers as possible.

There is a micro brewery pub near me and the stuff is hugely popular, but is in my humble opinion, dogs piss. So small doesn't mean good, either.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    All rather parochial.

There are so many great beers in the UK from smaller brewers.

Try some beers from Wychwood brewery in Witney or Shepard Neame in Faversham. Makes the generic Fullers/Youngs London ales seem a bit characterless.
    Youngs Ordinary is just that - an ordinary pint of bitter. Special is a bit too strong for a long sesh, but lovely in a pint of mixed (half ordinary, half special). The other seasonal beers are good too - Honey beer in the summer is very refreshing & you can't beat a pint of Winter Warmer as you tuck into your lamb shank by the a roaring winter fire.

Just because the brewery is big, it doesn't mean they only produce rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    All rather parochial.

There are so many great beers in the UK from smaller brewers.

Try some beers from Wychwood brewery in Witney or Shepard Neame in Faversham. Makes the generic Fullers/Youngs London ales seem a bit characterless.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    I like my beer hoppy and bitter, so Young's for me, especially Young's Special, even at the cost of the less atractive pub. Best pint of beer I ever had was in a pub on Clapham Common, greatest ever pint of Young's, but no atmosphere: 1970's roughcast exterior, 1970's interior, bright fluorescent lights, and always jammed. But my best ever pint, every time.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    A pint of Pride any day!

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Ruddles, Brakspears or Fullers London Pride for me !!

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    Originally posted by dropcliffsnotbombs View Post
    And none of that Strongbow rubbish!! Thatchers or Stowford Press all the way! I'm practising for festival season
    Definitely no ban here. Stowford is lush. Have been getting "Old Somerset" from the SPAR over the road too, tastes like Blackthorn before it got messed with.

Have my last can of old style 'thorn which is going in the freezer the night before Glastonbury so I can have it cold once the tent is up 9 days to go

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    I often wonder who drinks cider. Surely everyone has a bad experience in their teens and never touches the stuff again.
    There are several light years difference in the taste of White Lightning and a lovely bottle of Aspall's Premier Cru.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    and quickly. Especially if it stops you sounding like milanbenes.
    If being compared to milan is not a banning offense, I don't know what is.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by scotspine View Post
    quite. and if you feel that further, shall we say, adjustments are required to the rules in order that they meet, shall we say, current requirements, please flag this up with the relevant cross party, sorry, member, committee and we shall of course re-draft (ad infinitum).

grief, need to get out fishing more...
    and quickly. Especially if it stops you sounding like milanbenes.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Hurrah! A victory for common sense!

Cider indeed! Tut.
    I often wonder who drinks cider. Surely everyone has a bad experience in their teens and never touches the stuff again.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I fancy a pint. Couple of things to do then out.

Should I have a pint or three of Young's Bitter (a.ka. ordinary) or Fuller's London Pride?
    Bit too late to say, but have both (next time?), but go for Fullers first. Youngs is good, but not that good. I like variety, and usually have a different pint each time if I have choice. I'm spoilt though, my local real ale pubs have between 6 and up to 12 different real ales on pump at once

Leave a comment:

Working...
X