• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Thursday Dilema

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thursday Dilema"

Collapse

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    So pods, what happened? Did you end up a smack in the mouth or did she turn out to be a psychopathic manhater who now has you locked up in the basement?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Take the suggestion in the spirit it was meant... to the hilt.

Seriously though, enjoy the flirtation. Flirt back some and why not? Flirting does no harm and is fun. Take it no further than fun and a nice lunch every now and again until the end of the contract is in sight and then only after you have assessed the GBH potential of hubby.

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Anally
    Injected
    Death
    Sentance

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    any bird who offers the brown eye at such short acquaintance probably doesnt have crabs, genital herpes, syph, ghonn or warts so I would say yes, go for it. Just stay about five nautical miles from me at all times

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    You are young and single, what is the worts that could happen?
    Enjoying hospital food for six months after ex SAS hubby finds out what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Keep flirting, keep up the banter.
    Do not make any moves whatsoever.
    If she does then tell her you are falttered but it would be unprofessional of you to take her up on the offer.

I doubt she wants one up the wrong un even if she does want you. But you never know when you will be handed the golden ticket.

You are young and single, what is the worts that could happen?

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Just be honest and tell her she's making it very hard for you.....

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    But she's married. What about hubby? Perhaps he's ex SAS

Better the dull but simple life.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by supremepods
    [...] Now.......She's just come over to my desk to ask if I'm taking her the same way tonight. So does she really want me to give her one up the you know what?
    Does she have unusual large hands, a lower tone of voice and a scarf constantly around her neck? If yes, then it's Sandy.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by supremepods
    Last night after a leaving a client site, I (Single/Male/Contractor) gave my boss (Married/Female/Permie) a lift to the station as I have done for the past two days. On the way to the station we hit traffic which meant she might miss her train back into London. Quick as a flash I powered up the trusty SatNav and found out that there was another entrance to the railway station. Having figured out which way it was taking me I said. "I'm taking you round the back way tonight if that's OK?" .....I following that up with something about traffic but I think that the damage was done because she replied. "I should be so lucky", which was followed by a giggle (from her) an uncomfortable silence and then some coughing. I dropped her off a few minutes later without further incident. Now.......She's just come over to my desk to ask if I'm taking her the same way tonight. So does she really want me to give her one up the you know what?
    Aye SS

Its good to be in demand but if I were you mate Id cool the beans till you leave the contract till you make your advance, that is if you value your current contract, otherwise give it hell for leather ...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    supreme

you are at the crossroads of your life

one way lies chocolate heaven
    one way lies the boot
    one way lies 5 years porridge

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    As Alan Partridge would no doubt ask, how old is she? Perhaps she is just being vulgar in the way that common divorced women of a certain age often are.

Leave a comment:

• Marcus Aurelius
    replied
    plague the like avoid!

Don't do it.

Leave a comment:

• supremepods
    started a topic Thursday Dilema

Thursday Dilema

Last night after a leaving a client site, I (Single/Male/Contractor) gave my boss (Married/Female/Permie) a lift to the station as I have done for the past two days. On the way to the station we hit traffic which meant she might miss her train back into London. Quick as a flash I powered up the trusty SatNav and found out that there was another entrance to the railway station. Having figured out which way it was taking me I said. "I'm taking you round the back way tonight if that's OK?" .....I following that up with something about traffic but I think that the damage was done because she replied. "I should be so lucky", which was followed by a giggle (from her) an uncomfortable silence and then some coughing. I dropped her off a few minutes later without further incident. Now.......She's just come over to my desk to ask if I'm taking her the same way tonight. So does she really want me to give her one up the you know what?

Working...
X