• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Phone Recommendations"

Collapse

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by dozer View Post
    htc touch hd, no need to install the virus that is itunes, drag and drop avi's, no need to resize them.
    The Touch HD seems popular at the moment - three people in the office at ClientCo have one.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Last I knew the iPhone had no official modem support - has that changed?

Leave a comment:

• dozer
    replied
    htc touch hd, no need to install the virus that is itunes, drag and drop avi's, no need to resize them.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Erm...... yeah, it does which is a plus for me
    I have a habit of throwing my phone at the nearest wall when I'm peed off - so it sounds perfect for moi

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    It bounces quite well too, doesn't it CM?
    Erm...... yeah, it does which is a plus for me

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Yikes... I will be gutted if this goes wonky. I really like it.

Thanks for the heads up though MM!
    It bounces quite well too, doesn't it CM?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    No, me either - that's why I didn't bother getting it fixed. It was the second one I'd had though. First one died a death after about 8 months.
    Yikes... I will be gutted if this goes wonky. I really like it.

Thanks for the heads up though MM!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Yep, it works grand - although to be fair I don't use it all that much.
    No, me either - that's why I didn't bother getting it fixed. It was the second one I'd had though. First one died a death after about 8 months.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Does the camera work?

Mine would crash *every* time I hit the camera button.
    Yep, it works grand - although to be fair I don't use it all that much.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by techno View Post
    Would anyone recommend the Google phone?
    I've got the HTC Magic. It's OK. I got over the apps quite quickly as most of them are gimmicks. It lacks multitouch because Google didn't want to upset Apple, though I understand its hardware is capable of multitouch. Battery life is OK until you use the fancy features, whereupon it falls off a cliff. Looks good though, but the white case is now beige.

Now I have this phone for the next two years for better or worse...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I've got the Blackberry curve - I love it - not had a problem with it at all. In fact, I don't know why I didn't get one before....
    Does the camera work?

Mine would crash *every* time I hit the camera button.

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    Reading cnet reviews, the X1 looks like the best all rounder for me. Saying that the client is talking about further budget cuts, so will be holding off for a while now

Don't think my other half would be too impressed with me sat on the bench with a shiny new toy !

Leave a comment:

• scaramanga
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I think I must have been the one and only person to have bought a Philips mobile... what a POS that was.
    Was it true that Philips released the one and only PAYG phone ever to store the balance of the account on the phone rather than centrally? This was of course hacked allowing free calls forever. Something tells me it must have been an urban myth, but I distinctly remember hearing it a number of times.

Leave a comment:

• NiceUpNorth
    replied
    had the nokia 5800 for a few month now and realy like it!

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Storm: Have you actually tried it? The text-input is maddening, all this drag-to-letter-then-push-whole-screen-hoping-you-didn't-accidentally-press-the-neighbouring-letter malarkey. Drives me even more insane than I already am. That, and the OS as a whole is flaky and unstable, and the camera is an absolute flipping nightmare.
    Fairy snuff............
    I actually find the "keyboard" fairly OK in Landscape - only the odd typo where I can't see the letter I've picked cos of my thick chunky fingers...
    In Portrait it is pretty tulip.....

I must confess though - I don't use the keyboard that much just point and pick/use favourites etc.
    I never have got "into" texts much - I phone (but I am a real luddite).

Now I am (at least partially) "used" to it I prefer the "touch and then press" keystyle - but I can see how it would be a real PITA if you typed a lot.....

Mrs D has got a "Tocca Ultima" (or some such) and its touch screen types the wrong key before I have even decided which one I am trying to press.......
    but Miss D III wants to steal my Storm...... and she txt GR8 000s evry dy
    (maybe I should let here have it for a while - as market research).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X