• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "On CUK? Here's some good advice."

Collapse

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    If we can't whinge here where can we whinge - have to let of steam somewhere....

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    But what if I'm being negative about being negative. Those two negatives make a positive, but I'm still being negative. If there are more negative things around than positive then perhaps it is best to be negative about everything so that all the negatives become positive and the few positives become negative meaning an overall shift to being positive by being negative.
    "... and the teacher said 'two positives never make a negative'.

At that point a bored student at the back of the class moaned, 'yeah, right'"

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Well indeed, and in that sense Stoicism is a very positive form of negativity. A bit like Morrissey; the happiest miserable git in the world.
    I'd say Leonard Cohen. As he said, I tried several religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking though. He says his songs come from conscience, not from depression.

Saw Cohen in Amsterdam: looked around at the audience and sure enough, everybody was smiling.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Stop whinging about Britain, Labour, governments, house prices, recession, Ford Focus's, TV programmes and get on with life.

HTH

PS. And I won't even charge for this advice.
    So can I carry on whinging about my contract?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Personally I find Seneca quite positive. I suppose he is Stoic in the sense of not betting your happiness or well-being on specific good outcomes that may in the event not come about.
    Well indeed, and in that sense Stoicism is a very positive form of negativity. A bit like Morrissey; the happiest miserable git in the world.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    That's not the question, the question is "Does she still live there?"

Nuff said!
    Oi! Justin Hayward is from.....?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I'm only negative in the fashion of the Stoic philosophers, like Seneca. By assuming that everything will be tulip I spare myself dissappointment. Optimism can only result in a feeling of being let down.
    Personally I find Seneca quite positive. I suppose he is Stoic in the sense of not betting your happiness or well-being on specific good outcomes that may in the event not come about.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    By the way DP , is Billie Piper from Swindon ?
    Yes, she is. I'm sure she misses the place like crazy having to slum it in West Sussex where she lives now.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    That's not the question, the question is "Does she still live there?"

Nuff said!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    She didn't hang around.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I'm only negative in the fashion of the Stoic philosophers, like Seneca. By assuming that everything will be tulip I spare myself dissappointment. Optimism can only result in a feeling of being let down.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Are you positive you are being negative?

I'm positively fed-up with negativity.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    But what if I'm being negative about being negative. Those two negatives make a positive, but I'm still being negative. If there are more negative things around than positive then perhaps it is best to be negative about everything so that all the negatives become positive and the few positives become negative meaning an overall shift to being positive by being negative.
    Not in all logic systems.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X