• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Extension for Chef

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Extension for Chef"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Best to get AA membership before going abroad; they can get the ADAC sister club to help you if something like this happens. I'm with the ANWB in Holland and they're very helpful if you have a smash abroad; the sister club provides a local interpreter and explains what you need to do.
    I have ADAC via AA in the UK, but it never occurs to you that they might help untill you have run around like a twat for a while.

Different things in foreign parts require some getting used to.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You should try having your car pranged. Need a police report, they dont speak English and only answer the questions asked. Not ahint of what I need to do. Rented truck hit me so had to get their insurers details. Less than helpful. Gave me a customer service number (who dont speak english) and not their insurance number (found via web and very helpful eventualy). Nobody at the garage speaks English on the first day so stumbled through in my best German. Second day English speaker arrives and says once they have the the responsible parties insurance details they will sort it from there and I should have gone there first!!!! Police could have told me, car hire firm could have told me, other driver could have told me, their insurers could have told me. Apparently I should have asked GGGGrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit]and I like Germany.
    Best to get AA membership before going abroad; they can get the ADAC sister club to help you if something like this happens. I'm with the ANWB in Holland and they're very helpful if you have a smash abroad; the sister club provides a local interpreter and explains what you need to do.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Chef, do you like Germany.
    I was in Dusseldorf for a couple of years could not wait to get out.

Small things just added up. Go to the shop and ask "Can you help me", "No I am bussy" Shop assitant carries on pricing new stock.
    You should try having your car pranged. Need a police report, they dont speak English and only answer the questions asked. Not ahint of what I need to do. Rented truck hit me so had to get their insurers details. Less than helpful. Gave me a customer service number (who dont speak english) and not their insurance number (found via web and very helpful eventualy). Nobody at the garage speaks English on the first day so stumbled through in my best German. Second day English speaker arrives and says once they have the the responsible parties insurance details they will sort it from there and I should have gone there first!!!! Police could have told me, car hire firm could have told me, other driver could have told me, their insurers could have told me. Apparently I should have asked GGGGrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit]and I like Germany.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Well done Chef

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

Small things just added up. Go to the shop and ask "Can you help me", "No I am bussy" Shop assitant carries on pricing new stock.
    Munich is very cosmopolitan and tolerant of english only speakers so I quite enjoy trying my pigeon german out on unsuspecting waiters/waitresses without getting too many intolerant replies, Stuttgart was similar to how you describe and I couldnt wait to leave.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Congratulations

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    cheers TLG

Yes i'm still in Munich, I was going home every weekend but now that gf chef is living back in cologne (her contract ended) im mainly visiting cologne most weekends or have her here. Food & beer sounds great if I'm around but in 2 weeks time i'll be in a muddy field near Glastonbury so might not be in Munchen.
    OK. I will drop you a PM when I am heading over. If you are there then we can arrange a meet.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Extension for Chef <giggle>
    not needed in that context

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Well done old chap. Still in Munich?
    I am due over to visit a friend one weekend in a couple of weeks. Do you fancy meeting up for lunch/dinner/beer? or do you go home every week?
    cheers TLG

Yes i'm still in Munich, I was going home every weekend but now that gf chef is living back in cologne (her contract ended) im mainly visiting cologne most weekends or have her here. Food & beer sounds great if I'm around but in 2 weeks time i'll be in a muddy field near Glastonbury so might not be in Munchen.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Well done old chap. Still in Munich?
    I am due over to visit a friend one weekend in a couple of weeks. Do you fancy meeting up for lunch/dinner/beer? or do you go home every week?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Extension for Chef <giggle>

Good for you

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    well done!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    woohoo, just 6 weeks extension for starters, the senior PM is on holiday and his replacement who has no balls has said 6 weeks to make sure he doesnt upset his boss.

It's not the 3 or possible 6 months I was hoping for but anythings better than nothing
    Congrats

Leave a comment:

Working...
X