• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Will I lose my SC clearance"

Collapse

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Myth!

The increased horniness is likely to be more down to less to do in the evenings than any pheromones given off by horse manure.
    Or possibly the fact that there are only very few "possibles" so when you get the chance.... you take it!

Nah! On second thougths thats no different to anywhere else......

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Speaking of farmers....is it true that you're more horny if you live in the country, cause of all the horse poo in the air?
    or is that a myth?
    Myth!

The increased horniness is likely to be more down to less to do in the evenings than any pheromones given off by horse manure.

Leave a comment:

• mr_woo
    replied
    You won't lose your SC. I declared 2 DD's and got mine. Plead guilty and opt to go on alcohol awairness course to get 25% off. If just over limit you will only serve a 9 month ban.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    No. They get a taxi or they walk, like every other sane person.

That said, it's well known that farmers are insane.
    Speaking of farmers....is it true that you're more horny if you live in the country, cause of all the horse poo in the air?
    or is that a myth?

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    In the interests of sentence reduction, I'd recommend pleading guilty at the first possible opportunity. You'll lose your licence and be fined - the nature of the fine will probably be dependant on how far over the limit you were.
    And you may have to take a retest now.

Lesson to all - do not drink and drive - don't rely on - "It's OK to have a couple of pints isn't it?" If you a pulled, breathalised and found to be over the limit - you are arrested. If you are arrested you will always be found guilty.

I know several people who have been done for DD - some deserved to be hung, one girl just downed half a larger drove half a mile doen the road and got caught up behind an accident that had already happened - when the copper went up to her to ask her to turn around, he asked he if she had been drinking.

When breathalised, she was just over the limit and got a 6 month ban.

Jay, Ok you did not hurt yourself or kill anyone, but you need to get plans into place now for loosing your licence - like how will you get to work etc.?
    I think loosing your SC will be the least of your worries.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    Everyone who lives in the countryside surley, or how else do they get to/from the pub?
    No. They get a taxi or they walk, like every other sane person.

That said, it's well known that farmers are insane.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I often see drink drive roadblocks on the road out of Manchester to South Manchester around Christmas time. Drivers have to slow down, and if you look suspiscious to plod, you get pulled over and breathalised. Exactly as it should be imo
    As perception decreases with the increase in blood alcohol, when I've seen a drunk driver in the past, it's typically someone who's been driving exceptionally sloooooooooooooooooooooowly.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Did they pull you over cause you were swerving all over the place? Or was it random checking?
    I often see drink drive roadblocks on the road out of Manchester to South Manchester around Christmas time. Drivers have to slow down, and if you look suspiscious to plod, you get pulled over and breathalised. Exactly as it should be imo

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Bloody hell - the judgement police are out in full force in this thread eh?

He hasn't even said if he was drinking, or if he was slightly over the limit from Friday or Saturday night. I stand by my earlier thread and say there's a massive difference - not in the eyes of the law perhaps, but in the eyes of your peers.

How come you got caught Jay? Were you clearly p*ssed? Or had you just had a pint of Stella?

Did they pull you over cause you were swerving all over the place? Or was it random checking?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Everyone makes mistakes and sometimes exercises poor judgement. In this case I hope the OP has now learned his lesson, and thank goodness no one was hurt. Case closed IMO.

I understand this is a very emotive issue, rightly so, for anyone affected by the consequences of drink driving.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    You will be found guilty - if you are caught DD you always are.
    In the interests of sentence reduction, I'd recommend pleading guilty at the first possible opportunity. You'll lose your licence and be fined - the nature of the fine will probably be dependant on how far over the limit you were.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by jay2009 View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to this board and quite new to contracting and recently secured a contract. I have SC clearance which is a requirement in my current role.

On Sunday, being stupid, I was caught drink driving. If found guilty, does anyone know if I would lose my SC clearance. Or do I need to declare this to my current employer?

Any advice on this would be gratefully received.
    Having been mown down by a drink driver myself I seriously hope you lost your job, suffer the stigma you deserve and lose contact with friends and family.

You deserve a lot more than this though.....

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by jay2009 View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to this board and quite new to contracting and recently secured a contract. I have SC clearance which is a requirement in my current role.

On Sunday, being stupid, I was caught drink driving. If found guilty, does anyone know if I would lose my SC clearance. Or do I need to declare this to my current employer?

Any advice on this would be gratefully received.
    You will be found guilty - if you are caught DD you always are.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I can't answer this one rationally as I feel that drink drivers should be slowly disembowelled with a rusty spoon as I've directly suffered the consequences of a drunk driver.......
    Id agree - no reason for it full stop.

I hope he loses his job as thats the only thing that will make him realise -

Sorry thats cruel - but having seen what this does - there is no excuse - AT ALL!!

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    WHAT SORT OF ARSE DRINKS AND DRIVES THESE DAYS.
    Everyone who lives in the countryside surley, or how else do they get to/from the pub?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X