• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: England Twenty20

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "England Twenty20"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Who'd have thunk it? Aussies out of Twenty20, England through to Super 8!
    Nice quote. I would have picked the bit he said about having to spend 2 weeks in Leicester.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    correct. if memory serves the netherlands beat one of the top seeded teams (india iirc) at the last one.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Let me just point out that Holland are actually not that bad a team. Up until a few years ago they played in the English county one day championship and would still be there if not for the TV people who didn't see Holland as a commercially interesting team. They have a few players in English counties and the top level of Dutch domestic cricket includes several Pakistani and Sri Lankan professionals; the standard in the premier division is comparable to English city leagues like the Birmingham league. OK, so England shouldn't really be losing to them, but it's not such a disgrace; any top team can have a bad day, and if they have a bad day against a team of that standard there's a chance they'll be beaten.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Who'd have thunk it? Aussies out of Twenty20, England through to Super 8!

Originally posted by Ricky Ponting
    It's disappointing to go out of the tournament and I can't explain why.
    The training was spot on and there was a good attitude but in the big moments we haven't been able to play and we made too many mistakes

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    it's a conspiracy.. as detailed by the daily mash

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    it's a conspiracy.. as detailed by the daily mash

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Pakistan were piss poor.
    Yes, that's always the case when England win - it was the opposition being piss poor, not England being any good.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

Scotland however were very unlucky to go out.
    Yes, they had SA in real trouble at one stage

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Pakistan were piss poor.

Scotland however were very unlucky to go out.

Leave a comment:

• johnreid
    replied
    Your England thrashed the pants off Pakistan tonight. They have qualified for the next round.

But none of you are being funny about that, are you.

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    I may be old fashioned, but cricket is a game played over 5 days where the participants wear white. Whatever else this sport is, and however carp we may be at it...it most definitely is not cricket.
    Its evolution...init

No one got time to sit under umbrella n watch it in rainy patches.

And game has to compete with the likes of other global sports i.e. footie

I must say, Netherlands played really well today and deserved that.

I cant see the reason why England had put that young Leg spinner Adil Rashid in T20 format. He is a decent prospect and rare legspinner in this country. He should be polished first and should be used in proper one dayers or Tests.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    I may be old fashioned, but cricket is a game played over 5 days where the participants wear white. Whatever else this sport is, and however carp we may be at it...it most definitely is not cricket.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I think you're under-selling the test side there. Twenty20 side are a bit pants, but the test side know how to win at home.

Aussies to retain the Ashes 2-2.

I think we will have to disagre on that, England may get a win by luck but 2 is totally pushing it.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    England are going to get spanked from the greenest Oz team in 30 years.

Only the rain will save it being 5-0
    I think you're under-selling the test side there. Twenty20 side are a bit pants, but the test side know how to win at home.

Aussies to retain the Ashes 2-2.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    England are going to get spanked from the greenest Oz team in 30 years.

Only the rain will save it being 5-0

Leave a comment:

Working...
X