• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Deserted House

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Deserted House"

Collapse

• dropcliffsnotbombs
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Seriously Matt, it's probably some developer who has bought that house to knock it down and replace it with a block of flats.
    Good point. Check on the planning portal for any planning applications that have been submitted since it was bought.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Seriously Matt, it's probably some developer who has bought that house to knock it down and replace it with a block of flats.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    But don't worry, the fat, bald, dumpy, unshaven, filthy bloke obsessively counting the pennies in his jar and muttering about being a millionaire isn't really dangerous.
    If they ever let me out I'm going to hunt you down and kill you.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by HRHisaravingfelchlord View Post
    It's in Swindon isn't it?
    But don't worry, the fat, bald, dumpy, unshaven, filthy bloke obsessively counting the pennies in his jar and muttering about being a millionaire isn't really dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• HRHisaravingfelchlord
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat7777 View Post

I saw a potential opportunity in a deserted house (windows broken - low state of repair etc)
    It's in Swindon isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    AtW probably lives on the top floor.
    But don't worry. The filthy, unwashed, moustachioud bloke with a squirrel on a leash, muttering to himself isn't really dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I saw a potential opportunity in a deserted house (windows broken - low state of repair etc)
    AtW probably lives on the top floor.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    First of all its my first thread on general so be nice...

I saw a potential opportunity in a deserted house (windows broken - low state of repair etc) and want to make an offer to the owners that obviously dont live there - so I got their names from the land registry - spoke to a less than helpful neighbour and have come to a dead end.

The question is (and Ive already googled etc) does anyone have any other ideas as to how I could (Cheaply) go about contacting the owners - Ive tried going through the phone book tried calling a few randoms with the same initials and surname to no avail - but have no Idea where they actually live - so its a bit of a needle in a haystack.

They bought the house in 2005 and apparently have only been round once or twice at the very beginning - nothing since - which seems strange as it was bought for 500 K back then. (they must have money to burn)

Any ideas guys ?
    I may be able to put you in touch with a firm of enquiry agents, if it'd help?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Go East.
    Open the door.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    off the top of my head...

....contact the solicitor that did the conveyancing (see LR), hire a private detective, check Equifax GAN, local council, etc for clues... or as has been already suggested, move in and keep your head down for 12 years.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• dropcliffsnotbombs
    replied
    Just move in and claim squatters rights. After 12 years (I think) it becomes yours

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Ok which of you is going to deal with this?

Leave a comment:

• Mat7777
    started a topic Deserted House

Deserted House

First of all its my first thread on general so be nice...

I saw a potential opportunity in a deserted house (windows broken - low state of repair etc) and want to make an offer to the owners that obviously dont live there - so I got their names from the land registry - spoke to a less than helpful neighbour and have come to a dead end.

The question is (and Ive already googled etc) does anyone have any other ideas as to how I could (Cheaply) go about contacting the owners - Ive tried going through the phone book tried calling a few randoms with the same initials and surname to no avail - but have no Idea where they actually live - so its a bit of a needle in a haystack.

They bought the house in 2005 and apparently have only been round once or twice at the very beginning - nothing since - which seems strange as it was bought for 500 K back then. (they must have money to burn)

Any ideas guys ?

Working...
X