• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Plan B's

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plan B's"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    I am trying to open up a botox surgery in a posh part of town, get the gf to prescribe the drugs and hire a nurse to do the injections, could pull in 250,000 a year.

She is not up for it. I should really refuse to give the hot beef injection until she agrees.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I call it the 'threaded cycling diet'.

(You can google it up)
    As long as you look fit you can do it. People who see me eat ask me why I'm 16 stone with a flat stomach and not 36 stone with a bulbous planet sized gut. OK, I´m not exactly slim, but I´m not built to be slim. I tell them I do 1.5 hours of training 5 times a week and can eat as many pies as I like and weigh the same as when I was 21. People won´t give up eating. Exercise is much, much easier, and if you can make it fun, fatties will pay for it. Just don´t let them lose weight too quickly or they´ll think they don´t need you. It really can be a serious option as a Plan B, but you won´t make as much dosh as the good years in IT. More fun though.
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 5 June 2009, 17:21.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    As long as food is cheap and people are lazy, there'll be fat people who want to lose weight. Trick is to find the rich ones and tell them you can help them slim down without giving up their burgundian eating habits.
    I call it the 'threaded cycling diet'.

(You can google it up)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Oddly enough, at one of my clients, there's a guy that gives spinning classes twice a week.

So he does it as an extra 'filler' income stream.
    As long as food is cheap and people are lazy, there'll be fat people who want to lose weight. Trick is to find the rich ones and tell them you can help them slim down without giving up their burgundian eating habits.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    I thought about something similar doing Spinning classes, can't see it bringing much in but might be a filler.
    Oddly enough, at one of my clients, there's a guy that gives spinning classes twice a week.

So he does it as an extra 'filler' income stream.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    I thought about something similar doing Spinning classes, can't see it bringing much in but might be a filler.
    I'm giving personal training at people's homes, lugging some dumbbells and kettlebells around in the car; you need to try and find wealthy people with a weight problem, especially fat women with rich husbands (sorry, no tactful way to describe this market segment). Weight training can really help women to slim down, whatever the conventional wisdom. I mean real weight training, 2 or 3 sets of 8-12 reps at 10RM, not poncing about with those little plastic aerobic weights. I'm getting 40 euros per hour inc VAT + 25 cents per kilometer. Not great, but testing's now bringing in 50 euros ex VAT with no travel costs and not as much fun. I built up a bit of a network when I did my fitness qualifications and sometimes fill in for another trainer who's on holiday or sick; that's one way to get started. I don't know if this will become a full time thing, but if there's no other option I shall do it with all my energy and it'll become Plan A, simply because it's fun and I can work for myself.
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 5 June 2009, 17:07.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Am earning a little extra per week giving personal training; have found a few rich, fat customers who want to lose weight. Am now preparing to start a fitness group on saturday mornings. Not earning anywhere near enough to live from it, but it's fun and I might be able to build it into something bigger.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    £500 per day in Adult Entertainment.....
    No other staff involved.....

Is your botty sore?
    Lol - nothing like that. Call it an online experience

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Benes plan b has finished the first loaf of bread and is currently preparing the ingredients for the second

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    How are peoples Plan B and C's going ?
    This morning I did a little bit towards one of my Plan Bs: a client wanted a video of an hours worth of countryside/woods/paths in the rain from a cyclists point of view.

I was happy to oblige, on my way to visit another client.

Just uploaded it and billed. Kerching!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    He'll get over it. Atw did.
    You pull all the "Eye Candy", don't you?

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post

Is your botty sore?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    He'll get over it. Atw did.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    Lol no

Adult Entertainment is the latter and Sports Industry is Plan B [one making me more right now]

Is your botty sore?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X