• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have you voted yet?"

Collapse

• s2budd
    replied
    Bristol now Lib Dem controlled.

Bristol is now controller by the Lib Dems.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Voted. I bottled out of voting UKIP and voted for Dan Hannan instead.
    Hmm - another Tory "economic genius"

In an October 2004 piece for the Spectator, entitled Blue-Eyed Shiekhs, Hannan wrote "For 70 years the Althing has been dominated by the splendidly named Independence Party, which has pursued the kind of Thatcherite agenda that is off limits to EU members ... Icelanders have no more desire to submit to international than to national regulation. That attitude has made them the happiest, freest and wealthiest people on earth. Long may they remain so".

You couldn't make it up.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberTory View Post
    CyberTory in "I'll vote for anything with a Tory Rosette" shock

Leave a comment:

• s2budd
    replied
    Voted.
    Lib Dem locally and internationally. I live in Worzel country don't you know.
    If not the Lib Dems then I would have voted Tory.

There is no chance in hell that I'd ever consider voting BNP. I have a brain cell and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Last edited by s2budd; 4 June 2009, 18:36.

Leave a comment:

• s2budd
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Shearly not!
    baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    If we all did this they just may get in
    Yes, but it wouldnt matter too much. Not like if it was local elections.
    This is for MEPs. Nick Griffin and friends would be hilarious as MEPs and would have no real power. They only get to vote on how policy is implemented across Europe, they do not get to define policy. Their disruption of the institution might make Brussels do something about the piss poor situation that is the EU.
    Their election might possibly shock the real parties to do something radical to engage with the electorate at home.
    I expect the fall out would be worth a watch. It would also show up just how dedicated to democracy the other parties really are.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Yup. I'd have to go back to Inverness and I'm only just getting over my sheep obsession now
    Shearly not!

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Been to vote.

I couldn't ever vote BNP.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Hey, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.
    I have noting to hide but a lot to fear if they did get in thanks

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    <shudder>
    Yup. I'd have to go back to Inverness and I'm only just getting over my sheep obsession now

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Hey, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    <shudder>

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Come on, vote BNP.
    They wont get enough power to do any real damage, but think of the entertainment they will provide with a platform in Europe and all the fuss the other home parties will make.
    It might make the current members at Westminster realise just how little they are regarded, but I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X