• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "using twitter for career advantage?"

Collapse

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I've just been accepted into the ContractorUK group on LinkedIn!

I wasn't expecting that.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I've just been accepted into the ContractorUK group on LinkedIn!

I wasn't expecting that.

Leave a comment:

• jgohilfb
    replied
    Came across this site where you can search for jobs that are advertised in twitter - http://www.twitterjobsearch.com/

Twitter is just like any other social media opportunity. If you have invested time and energy in blogging then twitter would just be an extension

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Welcome to my latest follower: TwinksInPain.

Is that you Atw? Or another memeber of CUK?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    twitter is for twats
    hth

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Does everyone use instant messaging these days (whether on Windows or variants on other OS's)? Is it good tulip? I wouldn't want to be uncool and unhip man. Or should I say is it bad tulip (meaning good)?

n.b. Should OS's be spelled OS'?
    Aye, I use IM a LOT! It's the main way I use to talk to my clients.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Does everyone use instant messaging these days (whether on Windows or variants on other OS's)? Is it good tulip? I wouldn't want to be uncool and unhip man. Or should I say is it bad tulip (meaning good)?

skype is good. have not found any gigs using it though.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    twitter is for twats
    hth

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    Has anyone here genuinely landed a contract that they could say was as a direct result of using Linked In, Twitter or one of the other 'new media' sites that have sprung up recently??

PZZ
    Linkedin - yes.
    Twitter - I'm not a twit
    Facebook - I don't expect to get work through this.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    BB's & DB's dont count as they have been around for ages, its the new stuff that I am curious to hear if anyone has benefited from....

PZZ
    In that case:
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    No.......

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    No but I did get a role from a Bulletin Board/Discussion Site......

Q: Does anybody know how to........
    A: Thats what I do for a living PM me.....

30 Mins later:
    Ping: You have a PM.....
    Couple of EMails
    Next Monday: Turn up on site for a Billable day...... Waffle about "Solution"
    Following Monday: Start of 6 Months Contract....

Sorted..........

And I got repeat work over a couple of years.......
    BB's & DB's dont count as they have been around for ages, its the new stuff that I am curious to hear if anyone has benefited from....

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Has anyone here genuinely landed a contract that they could say was as a direct result of using Linked In, Twitter or one of the other 'new media' sites that have sprung up recently??

PZZ
    No but I did get a role from a Bulletin Board/Discussion Site......

Q: Does anybody know how to........
    A: Thats what I do for a living PM me.....

30 Mins later:
    Ping: You have a PM.....
    Couple of EMails
    Next Monday: Turn up on site for a Billable day...... Waffle about "Solution"
    Following Monday: Start of 6 Months Contract....

Sorted..........

And I got repeat work over a couple of years.......

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Linked In, Twitter et all

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• catboy
    replied
    i always ignore agents when the request to add me on linked in. i feel adding them kind of defeats the purpose of linkedin, part of which is to remove the middlemen.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

Looking forward to the new linkedin profile - 10-1 you get agents requesting you as a connection.

Not sure if there's a tourettes support group for you to join, best of luck with that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X