• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Man Utd Going Down !"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Tony, why not support Rochdale United and worry about staying in the fourth division forever, neither going up or down. Far more satisfying than associating yourself with hordes of southern glory hunters.

As many have said, Man Yoo missed a defensive midfielder to get amongst 'em. Ferguson had no option last night, but how anyone else thinks Carrick can do that job for England is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    The difference with Chelski and Man U is they have a solid middle while man u was weak there last night. I agree about Fletcher - he used to be pi55 poor but then he was filling Keanes boots and that is going to be a tough comparison. He's not world class by any stretch but way better than Anderson and he can tackle which is what we were missing last night. Barca simply had too much time on the ball. Come the big occasion and United seem to bottle it. Most pundits, even the foreign ones, were tipping United to win it - shame the players were not up to the job last night.

All in all though, winning the prem and the worthless cup and the world club thingy, missing the final of the FA cup on penalties and getting to the final of the champions league - not a bad season. I bet any other team would have swapped us for it!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by tino View Post
    Xavi and Iniesta were outstanding last night although the game was utter utter gash
    Agree with that. More of a footballing lesson than a football spectacle. I had hoped, and expected better.

I reckon I'd be gutted if I was a Chelsea fan, cause they really should have been there but for the worst refereeing performance I've seen in years (hehehe).

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Xavi and Iniesta were outstanding last night although the game was utter utter gash

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Then they should buy Ribery and a good central midfield player as we don't have one! Hargreaves (sp) was supposed to be it but his legs don't work.
    I reckon Fletcher is massively under-rated by a lot of Man U fans. He runs his bollocks off, he's extremely disciplined, he plays simple passes to the players who can do special things with it, he can tackle tracks back etc. Hargreaves is very similar, possibly better going forward, but as you say he's been a wee bit injured.

Carrick can't cut it at the highest level, the jury is still out on Anderson, and Scholes and Giggs are on their swan songs ...

I think (And I wouldn't have said this before the game) that he might have made the difference to Man U. Xavi and Iniesta got way too much freedom in the middle to play their game.

But saying all that, if Man U had taken one of those early chances it would have been a very very different game. An early Barca goal was the worst thing that happened to Man U, in retrospect.,

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    As Giggs has been quoted as saying, United didn't turn up.

There is no way that Anderson should have started that game. Giggs should have played in the middle from the off, or even Scholes but not Anderson. He's w@nk. I'd have started with Tevez also and shot Berbatov just to ensure that he doesn't pull on that shirt as he is just too lazy and doesn't score.

As for the negative comments, do you think if United had won we'd have all the comments saying that Barca are sh1t etc. At the end of the day United got there and Liverpool, Chelski, Real Madrid etc didn't. Ok we lost and Barca were the better team on the night. Personally I would have expected them to put up more of a fight but there you go - same time next year then!

United should keep Tevez, offload Berbatov and sell Ronaldo if they can get 70m for him. Then they should buy Ribery and a good central midfield player as we don't have one! Hargreaves (sp) was supposed to be it but his legs don't work.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    If you play two up top, surely Rooney has to be one of them, not out on the left wing ??
    Possibly - but he's played form the left loads this year so it's not exactly an experimental formation.

I don't think his made the difference anyway, it's was midfield where they lost the game. Barca were just too good in the middle, and Man U couldn't counter it.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Cause he was going for the win ...

Play 2 up top, who you going to bring off - either anderson or park.
    If you play two up top, surely Rooney has to be one of them, not out on the left wing ??

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Schoolboy analysis. Why swap Anderson for Tevez at half-time? Why bring on the laziest flipping player on the planet and wreck the formation just when they were looking to get the equalizer?
    Cause he was going for the win ...

Play 2 up top, who you going to bring off - either anderson or park.

And Berbatov may be lazy, but he's also quality and it's when you're chasing a game it's worth putting on quality strikers.

I'd personally say they missed Fletcher massively (Or Hargreaves for that matter). Carrick looks good when he's got time on the ball, but last night he was crap and Barcelona got the complete run of midfield. Anderson was anonymous, Giggs didn't really do much to help out the other two central midfielders.

Then again, Barcelona played a fantastic game of football and made Man U look ordinary, but as I said I think that was down to the early goal.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Aye right, the most successful coach in British history clearly hasn't a patch on you tactically :-/

1st goal against the run of play killed them. Barca can keep the ball better than any other team, and that's exactly what they did.

Schoolboy analysis. Why swap Anderson for Tevez at half-time? Why bring on the laziest flipping player on the planet and wreck the formation just when they were looking to get the equalizer?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    No tears from any of the players. Stiff upper lip etc. Save it for the dressing room, ladies.
    IMO 1 man lost that match for them and he wasn't even on the pitch - Stand up Sir Alex Berbatov for Park Starting without Tevez
    The mistake was starting with an aging "player of the year" Giggs, bringing on the "I can't tackle Scholes".

Oh how I laughed

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    No tears from any of the players. Stiff upper lip etc. Save it for the dressing room, ladies.
    IMO 1 man lost that match for them and he wasn't even on the pitch - Stand up Sir Alex Berbatov for Park Starting without Tevez
    Aye right, the most successful coach in British history clearly hasn't a patch on you tactically :-/

1st goal against the run of play killed them. Barca can keep the ball better than any other team, and that's exactly what they did.

Fair play to them, they deserved it - so what if Chelsea should have been there, I'd rather any team than Chelsea win it (Well apart from the forces of darkness, but that's never gonna happen).

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    By the way, did Ronaldo cry again?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I watched it on German telly so didnt get the punditry.
    To be honest I was underwelmed by both teams. There was nothing sprkling about either of them.
    I think Piquet should have been sent off for a professional foul. He was last man between Ronaldo and goal so should have been red not yellow.
    Ronaldo should have been sent off for his petty and petulant behaviour. Scholes and Vidic were also candidates for reds for their antics.

Once again Barca proved they can dive with the best of them. I was surprised that there was not so much "simulation" from ManUre, but then again they never got near enough to play the ref for a penalty.

Leave a comment:

• Beefy198
    replied
    By the way, did Ronaldo cry again?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X