• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dawn Primarolo's 2007/2008 expenses"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Can I put "Elitist Twat™" on my CV, please? I'd be quite pleased with that.

My best qualifications to date are my grade A O levels in English, Maths and Physics.
    Bit strong ...sorry.

I posted under the influence of 6x Old speckled hen, usual polite demure resumed.

Leave a comment:

• Elbola
    replied
    Dawn's Angry

This article confirms everything we knew about her:

'Some forms include mistakes where Ms Primarolo has entered one of her claims in the wrong column '- 'the MP had added up the claim incorrectly.'

"I don't want people to think that I have done something that is dishonest, because I haven't. I just didn't have any idea all this was going on."

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/...l/article.html

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Why be such an elitist tw@t? Bristol has a well regarded university FFS.

That sort of comment sums up everything that is wrong with the attitude that hamstrings this now pathetic country.
    Can I put "Elitist Twat™" on my CV, please? I'd be quite pleased with that.

My best qualifications to date are my grade A O levels in English, Maths and Physics.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Oh dear. I can just see this degenerating into an argument about the value of Media Studies Foundation Degrees versus MacDiplomas.
    I was listening to two girls getting coached in how to apply themselves yesterday...for their NVQ in Cleaning

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    It is known as UWE. University of the West of England.

No doubt such an illustrious fellow as your good self attended colleges in both Oxford and Cambridge, and had to commute between those esteemed seats of learning on a daily basis, in your Lamborghini.
    Actually, I bought a house by the river and used to walk or cycle to lectures.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Oh dear. I can just see this degenerating into an argument about the value of Media Studies Foundation Degrees versus MacDiplomas.
    Why be such an elitist tw@t? Bristol has a well regarded university FFS.

That sort of comment sums up everything that is wrong with the attitude that hamstrings this now pathetic country.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    No it isn't.

We have two don’t you know, one is a glorified tech but the other is in the UK top ten and has more applications per place than any other uni in the country.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    No it isn't.

We have two don’t you know, one is a glorified tech but the other is in the UK top ten and has more applications per place than any other uni in the country.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Sheet, I knew Bristol had a technical college, but when did that become a university?

No doubt such an illustrious fellow as your good self attended colleges in both Oxford and Cambridge, and had to commute between those esteemed seats of learning on a daily basis, in your Lamborghini.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Sheet, I knew Bristol had a technical college, but when did that become a university?
    Well...

Google ¦sesame street university ¦ ¦Search¦

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,700,000 for sesame street university. (0.43 seconds)
    Mind you:

Results 1 - 10 of about 51,100,000 for university of play school. (0.24 seconds)

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    That's true. She went to Bristol University.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    Dawn is an horrible, uneducated, rat-faced trougher.
    superb!

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate View Post
    Dawn Primarolo - 2007/2008 expenses

When Dawn (IR35) Primarolo was Paymaster General she said allowing grubby little tax cheat IT contractors 10% of gross income as a tax free expense was, and I quote "more than generous"

I wonder what phrase she should use to describe a whopping 251% ?
    I thought that it was 5% for IR35-affected businesses ?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Does anyone have any contacts in the local or national press and can point them in the direction of an "expenses" story about her?
    The hypocrisy of limiting self-employed contractors to £10K while keeping her own expenses at 10 times as much should be quite a good angle.

Red Dawn is the labour politico I would like to see destroyed the most.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    That's true. She went to Bristol University.
    As did I. Oh the burning shame.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X