• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jobserve looking dead - Wonder what events clients are awaiting"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    But you'll need to be bloody careful with transport. Otherwise somebody will nick the wheelbarrow.
    'Ello, 'ello, 'ello.

Excuse me, sir. And where do you think you are going with that wheel barrow? Can I see your Manual Lifting Certificate?

You don't have one?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

I'll be taking that then, if you don't mind. Now move along, sir. Unless you want some 'trouble'

I thought not.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    We will all be millionaires soon. We will have literally wheelbarrows of money.
    But you'll need to be bloody careful with transport. Otherwise somebody will nick the wheelbarrow.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by uky kozak View Post
    I say "Peace, Bread and Land"
    (Battle cry of the Russian 1917 October Revolution)
    It wouldn't be so bad if they'd been giving us panem et circenses.

Or maybe that's what Mac burger shops and the hundreds of channels of shite are for.

Leave a comment:

• uky kozak
    replied
    I say "Peace, Bread and Land"
    (Battle cry of the Russian 1917 October Revolution)

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    replied
    contractors

they will soon need another type of contractors, mercenaries for their imperalist ventures.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Surely an incoming Conservative government having to do the right thing and cut spending on the bloated public sector -which would have a massive impact on the economy
    I may as well now.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    and if that happens there will be a recession for contractors in the public sector

The bullet simply has to be bitten. We cannot continue to live beyond our means and it seems that only a Conservative government has the guts to admit it and do something about it, just as Thatcher had the guts to take on the unions. Labour only attack the weak, and only for party political gains, as they did with foxhunting.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Surely an incoming Conservative government having to do the right thing and cut spending on the bloated public sector -which would have a massive impact on the economy
    and if that happens there will be a recession for contractors in the public sector

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    A government simply being prudent* would give me a lot more confidence.

Look after the pounds and the billions will look after themselves.

* Not Gordon Brown's definition obviously, which involves a money tree, a balance sheet with made-up numbers, and a giant legislation factory.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Like in Zimbabwe

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Not any chance of green shoots until we see the back of Brown and Co.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Oops, wrong thread.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    They’re waiting for all the whingers and whiners to stop discouraging everyone every time someone comes out with a little bit of good news, because then perhaps people will stop hoarding their money in savings accounts and go out and spend it.
    Fook off, I'll never make my 2nd million spending it.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    They’re waiting for all the whingers and whiners to stop discouraging everyone every time someone comes out with a little bit of good news, because then perhaps people will stop hoarding their money in savings accounts and go out and spend it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X