• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The place to be?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The place to be?"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Link/Proof please as my BS detector has rung itself off the wall.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...5875-21126163/

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Best of luck to them I say. We need a bit less of the cynical whining and moaning.
    It is one of the aspects that is the most irritating about them. They are so bloody positive about everything.

It wears you down.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Enjoy the snakes, spiders, sharks, jellyfish and skin cancer.

Not just those - don't forget to watch out for crocodiles.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    The UK is typically 10 years behind everywhere else.
    Link/Proof please as my BS detector has rung itself off the wall.

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied
    I'm over the age limit but Mrs Gadgetman's career is on the wanted skills list so I am tagged onto her visa.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    What a pile of bollux. Australia is just about 2 years behind what happens in the rest of the world - and their economy will be as fliped as everyone elses.

HTH

The UK is typically 10 years behind everywhere else. If I wasn't over the age limit I'd move.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Too much VB? Any hole's a goal and all that
    You know what, you may not be to far from the truth (occasionally) with that one ...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    A mate of mine f**ked off to Argentina a few years ago after making some money on SAP contracts. Bought 2 flats; one in a nice part of Buenos Aires and another in Ushuaia, both for about 30000 euros (cash; no mortgage) and now works as an adventure guide for tourists in the summer and a personal trainer for rich city people in BA in winter; all the meat packing glitterati will pay top dollar to look good on the beach. I’m planning to go over and see him next year as he’ll be marrying a local girl. He says they just haven’t really got an economic crisis now; they had theirs in 2000 and this credit-crunchie-bar nonsense just doesn’t scare them.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    I didn't notice,
    Too much VB? Any hole's a goal and all that

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Off you go then.

Bye.
    I will at some point. Again.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Aren't they one of the world's most obese nations
    All the more chance to nick their sheilas.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    True, but when I lived there I was pretty active .. kind of odd one that, it's the most outdoory/active place I've ever lived. But equally there appear to be loads of fatties there (I didn't notice, but maybe they were all out in west Sydney or in the country)...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Cool beers, hot sun, beautiful beaches, stunning shielas, active lifestyle etc etc.

I'll risk a few spiders for that ...
    Off you go then.

Bye.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    stunning shielas, active lifestyle etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Enjoy the snakes, spiders, sharks, jellyfish and skin cancer.

Cool beers, hot sun, beautiful beaches, stunning shielas, active lifestyle etc etc.

I'll risk a few spiders for that ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X