• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Manchester v Barcelona - Who's going to win?"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    In a sense it's a pity that the game will be decided over 90 minutes (or extra time+penalties) considering the previous ties were 2 leg affairs. Looking forward immensely to this game though; for me they are definitely the two best teams currently in Europe. Let's hope we see some goals!
    Barca goals

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    In a sense it's a pity that the game will be decided over 90 minutes (or extra time+penalties) considering the previous ties were 2 leg affairs. Looking forward immensely to this game though; for me they are definitely the two best teams currently in Europe. Let's hope we see some goals!

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by denver2k View Post
    Barca deserves this..No doubt about that...and obviously they'll get that....
    The match hasn't yet been played. No team 'deserves' anything!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    And BTW, I'm saying this as someone who loves the way Barca play football and I'm not a Man U fan.

I genuinely hope this is a great final, I just think you're talking a load of bollocks with some massive blinkers on.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    5th ranking team in very average league played two goalless draws with manu this season.

Anyways, enjoy this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/8052705.stm
    Doh - should we compare two games or an entire season?

Barcelona :
    GP W D L GS GA
    37 27 5 5 104 34

Man U
    GP W D L GS GA
    38 28 6 4 68 24

Barca's normal defence have conceded more goals than 5 premier league teams (With still 1 game to play).

OK they've scored a tonne, but they've not come up against a defence anything like as good as Man U's, and when they did - Chelsea - they struggled.

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Not exactly an exclusive to say that Barca have shipped tonnes of goals past very average opposition in the Spanish league this year.
    5th ranking team in very average league played two goalless draws with manu this season.

Anyways, enjoy this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/8052705.stm

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    United to win

on a slightly different note I was out and about in Liverpool and 2 things made me laugh

1) A pub will be showing a re run of the last time liverpool won the champs league (was it 2005 or 6) and not the actual final on Wednesday

2) Loads of dippers in barca shirts

Livpooooool fans do seem to be rather but bitter don't they!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I saw it coming
    Not exactly an exclusive to say that Barca have shipped tonnes of goals past very average opposition in the Spanish league this year. Their closest competition was Real Madrid, and they're pants at the moment.

Any of the top 4 in England would have won La Liga easily this year (That's not saying they're always rubbish, just this year).

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    United to win all the way!

United 3 Barca 1

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Ronaldo to get sent off for repeated diving. Scum to get thumped 5-0.
    Bit harsh.
    I think 5-1 and Ronaldo yellow carded for diving then sent off in tears for referee abuse, then Rooney loses it (again) & gets red carded. Messi hat-trick. Much more reasonable.
    Come on Barca!

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post

Barca have played in a league with a whole bunch of very average teams - man u haven't.
    I saw it coming

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    lol...yeah maybe

Vidic is a CH ....Evra (RB) might have tough time as Messi is Winger.

Its only coz you are biased ....and Its OK as you are a fan. But someone who watched LaLiga this season, would know who deserves this. And please dont say LaLiga is tulip and English League is better.

Anyways, looks like Christiano will do his best coz its against his new club's archrivals and competition with a little Argentinian.
    You reckon you're the only person to watch la liga?

Barca have played in a league with a whole bunch of very average teams - man u haven't. That's not saying they're not a great team, but the competition they've faced this year isn't up to the EPL standard.

And as much as I hate Chelsea, they were robbed in the semi's by one of the worst refereeing performances in years. They couldn't handle Chelsea's power, or pace - Man U will learn the lessons from that game and they will harass barca all over the park.

And Evra + Park (Why else do you thnk he's playing) will shackle Messi.

Still down to the wire, but I think Man U could have a field day with the weakend Barca defence and they're the best defence in Europe so I think that should be enough to shackle Barca.

I'm hoping for a classic though, so hopefully I'm wrong - Barca score first, Man U have to go for it and we end up with a 4-4 belter ...

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Much as I have no interest in kissball, I can make one confident prediction....

If Manchester United win, I guarantee Gordon Brown will get his ugly mug involved somehow.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Ronaldo to get sent off for repeated diving. Scum to get thumped 5-0.

Actually, more likely to 0-0 after extra time and then get decided on penalties (which I hope 'they' lose).

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    lol...yeah maybe

Vidic is a CH ....Evra (RB) might have tough time as Messi is Winger.

Evra had a good game against him last year. From what I have heard Barca are not the best at defebnding at the best of times. Now they are without 3 of their 4 defenders. That has to be good news for United and Ronaldo in particular. If they have a suspect full back then surely Messi is going to have to play more of a defensive game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X