• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How many have gone permie"

Collapse

• Andy2
    replied
    Looks like 33% are benched or gone permie

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by lightng View Post
    Apparently a lot of permies are reluctant to move during a recession so labour supply is pretty short for permie roles.
    I think there's also a number of employers seeing the downturn as an oppurtunity to attract better people at bargain basement prices.

I've seen some quite good permie roles (compared to zero good contract roles), but often at not much more than £30K. It'd pay the bills, but I think I'd rather work in a factory to pay the bills, and save my code-monkeying muscles for working on the Plan B. I'm just not sure I could manage working hard for somebody else, unless I was being properly rewarded.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I was talking with an agent who was trying to get me to go Permie. He suggested he should would call me after I had been on the bench for a month. I said a year and a month would be too soon.
    In the last month I've had 4 agents phoning me trying to sell me permie jobs. They all say 'the market's bad you know, it could be a good option right now'. I answered 'since you called me, and I'm in contract, the market can't be all that bad'.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I was talking with an agent who was trying to get me to go Permie. He suggested he should would call me after I had been on the bench for a month. I said a year and a month would be too soon.

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Think I would take anything at the moment! - more to keep my skills up-to-date then anything
    I'm looking at both camps too.

Had very few bites in the contractor market this last two months. As soon as I started looking at perm roles, I've had offers for interviews left, right and centre. Apparently a lot of permies are reluctant to move during a recession so labour supply is pretty short for permie roles.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Think I would take anything at the moment! - more to keep my skills up-to-date then anything

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Permie singular.

I know 'cos I asked AndyW.
    I shall not question it further then.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by lightng View Post
    Permy singular and permies plural?

In three months time, who will really care how you spell it. We're all doomed!
    Permie singular.

I know 'cos I asked AndyW.

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    And it's permie, not "permy".
    Permy singular and permies plural?

In three months time, who will really care how you spell it. We're all doomed!

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Where is the andyw option?

I am not voting.........
    Sorry, I was a poll virgin and shot my wad too early the first time.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Permie or contractor, you are all doomed. There won't be any job in a couple of years for nobody. ohh wait... that makes still contracting a better option...

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    And it's permie, not "permy".

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Who are these three permies here?

This is a contractor board. You'll have to post under a different name if you're a permie. Or you could hang out and be a chicken I suppose, in agile speak.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Where is the andyw option?

I am not voting.........

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Not one hell of a chance of going permie!

I'd star some other business rather than go back being permie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X