• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: House price poll

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "House price poll"

Collapse

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I really don't care, I'll still be living where I am!
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Hampster?
    No, she's a guinea pig.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    Ahhh, but Surrey is immune. Hedge funds make money whether markets go up or down.
    Eg.

http://www.waterfalls.co.uk/SearchResults.php?id=search

Page through these most expensive down. Most are under offer. No shortage of people with a £1Mish burning a hole in their pockets.

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Pretty much anywhere in the Surrey region! Houses are selling in days after coming onto the market.
    Ahhh, but Surrey is immune. Hedge funds make money whether markets go up or down.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    Which areas? Throw out a few postcodes.
    Pretty much anywhere in the Surrey region! Houses are selling in days after coming onto the market.

Some examples where I have been looking:

CR6 9QA
    GU15 2DS
    RH5 6PU

Leave a comment:

• leeperry
    replied
    Go try and actually buy a house in a very very good area at a discount. There is a premium for the best parts of the SE and a queue of buyers willing to pay over asking price, even now.
    I am actually looking as I have a deposit and am waiting to go, prices are still falling. For example Kensington and Chelsea has the biggest falls of any london borough.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...l/county37.stm

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    For example.

This one

Went on the market at 1.3m in september last year. Now at 1m.

Rightmove history from propertybee

History
    date event
    18 February 2009

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Premium Listing' [Found by n/a]

19 December 2008

* Price changed: £1,195,000 Offers in Excess of £1,000,000 [Found by n/a]
    * Subtitle changed: from '4 bedroom detached' to '4 bedroom detached house ' [Found by n/a]

17 October 2008

* Price changed: from '£1,295,000' to '£1,195,000' [Found by n/a]

26 September 2008

* Initial entry found. [Found by n/a]

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Go try and actually buy a house in a very very good area at a discount. There is a premium for the best parts of the SE and a queue of buyers willing to pay over asking price, even now.
    Which areas? Throw out a few postcodes.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by leeperry View Post
    Not necessarily, it's a commodity like any other.

Does that include actual figures from the Halifax, HBOS etc showing 20% falls?

Leave a comment:

• leeperry
    replied
    The reason I don't think they will rise is that the banks still don't have the money to lend and it will be a good few years before they are re-capitalised.

The governement's model which they use to stress test banks has a fall of 50% from peak factored in.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Hampsted?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    My models suggest that over a 24 month time horizon from January 2009 they'll be around 8% up on where they are now; but they'll have dropped further first.

Leave a comment:

• leeperry
    replied
    You can never lose on property. It only ever goes up.
    Not necessarily, it's a commodity like any other.

This bull about house price falls is just media lies.
    Does that include actual figures from the Halifax, HBOS etc showing 20% falls?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    They'll drop substantially after the swineflu pandemic.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You can never lose on property. It only ever goes up.

I know this as all the vendors I've been dealing with tell me and my offers (close to asking price) are all turned down flat.

And then the property sells a few weeks later.

This bull about house price falls is just media lies.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X