• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shaving, wet or dry?"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    pah shaving in the shower is easy

move out of the stream of water so the foam,gel, oil, lard does not get washed off

and use your hands to feel for the stubble bits/bits you have missed

takes about 2-3 minutes which means I can go from bed to dressed in about 12 minutes (incuding drying and dressing)

which is useful when you spend all night playing games and have to get kids to school/nursery in the morning.

dry shaves - not ever would rather grow a beard horrible things
    12 minutes

and I thought I was good. It takes me about 18 from bed to car

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Not when you shower in stereo

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

move out of the stream of water so the foam,gel, oil, lard does not get washed off

and use your hands to feel for the stubble bits/bits you have missed

takes about 2-3 minutes which means I can go from bed to dressed in about 12 minutes (incuding drying and dressing)

which is useful when you spend all night playing games and have to get kids to school/nursery in the morning.

dry shaves - not ever would rather grow a beard horrible things

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    FFS What a bunch of effeminate ponces with yer gels, oils and creams.
    Have used a Braun for years - not perfect but no need of all your girly implements.
    The only oil you need is a drop of motor oil in the shaver every month or so.
    Pah! If you electric shave before you wash, you never need to oil it.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    When you have an operation in hospital you have to dry shave. I just happened to need an operation on my leg near those parts that only your mother or nearest and dearest should see. etc.
    I had my wedding tackle shaved when I was in hospital when about 14.

An Irish fellah did it: cut throat razor. Grasped my foreskin between two fingers, pulled and looked me in the eye.

He then soaped me up with a badger's brush (in about 3 seconds) and shaved my bits smooth as a baby's bum without looking down.

Obviously, I didn't breathe. IIRC, my heart stopped too.

He talked at me through the process about when he was in hospital his wife brought him in a bottle of Lucozade every day. Remember how it had a yellow cellophane wrapping? It actually contained Scotch!

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    wet shave with fusion blade and fusion sensitive gel

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Rookie View Post
    you need to new material sas.
    No. Next.

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Yes but enough about you.

you need to new material sas.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Rookie View Post
    Babyliss Ladyshave
    Yes but enough about you.

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Have used a Braun for years - not perfect but no need of all your girly implements.
    Babyliss Ladyshave

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    They're hardly perfect though, these Brauns. Sasguru, you missed a bit - just below your lip - there.

How did you find a picture of me?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    They're hardly perfect though, these Brauns. Sasguru, you missed a bit - just below your lip - there.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fishslice
    replied
    Wet shave every time....

...but with oil.

I use Somersets Extra Sensitive Oil from Sainsburys and would never go back to creams or foam. It says use three drops but I find about 6 or 7 is right for me.

I was introduced to this over a year ago and no longer suffer from stubble burn on my neck.

I once tried King of Shaves oil but not even close to the same quality of shave.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Sounds to me like she had 'man' issues
    I believe the phrase is "No Tulip":

A woman with man issues "taking it out" on a man!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X