• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Record immigration levels to UK"

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    Steve'o is on the pull. Watch and learn gentlemen.

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    Off topic went to Harrods last Saturday, saw Dodi's and Diana' memorial ... also I had a cream tea in Cafe Harrods and they serve loooooovely cream tea .. hmmmmmm

I would like to share a cream pie!

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by steve'O
    Dodi?

Off topic went to Harrods last Saturday, saw Dodi's and Diana' memorial ... also I had a cream tea in Cafe Harrods and they serve loooooovely cream tea .. hmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    didn't work for Alfayed !!

Dodi?

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black

Seems an easy way to build up a collection of passports...

didn't work for Alfayed !!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    NZ still has it. If you have more than NZ$200,000 to invest, then you get one point per $100,000 when you apply for a business investor residency visa
    Just had a quick browse (ain't the internet wonderful) and it seems that NZ, Australia and Canada still do such schemes. For circa $1m local currency, give or take the odd hundred thou', you can get a 4-5 residents permit and after that apply for citizenship/perm residency.

Seems an easy way to build up a collection of passports...

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Alfayed

what about Mohamed Alfayed ???

They keep rejecting his UK passport application

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Britain gets Abramovich: a football club and its expensive "talent" gets propped up. Such is the dearth of football clubs in the UK I can well see the desperate need for such inward investment.

Denmark gets threaded: and builds an enviable e-government system, whilst the UK languishes, due to loss of talent, with a tax credit system that appears on the face of it to have pushed those most vulnerable into the clutchs of loan sharks.

Yeah, UK immigaration, it's a pile of tulipe isn't it...
    Nice choice of people to compare.

Abramovich - a reclusive Russian billionaire who was virtually unknown outside of his homeland before he bought Chelsea FC in 2003 and...

threaded - completely unknown outside of a contractor bulletin board.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    NZ still has it. If you have more than NZ$200,000 to invest, then you get one point per $100,000 when you apply for a business investor residency visa

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    yeah but one Abramovich taking his cash to the UK allows the UK to take in 1,000,000 poor immigrants I would have thought.
    It's not just skint poles and lithuanians coming from the east!!
    Becks, didn't Australia used to have some sort of system, besides the points one, where if you went there with $1m you were practically let in straight away and could get citizenship?

Maybe thats what the UK needs, reduce the taxes and let lots and lots of millionaires in, yourself included...just don't ask where the money came from.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Britain gets Abramovich: a football club and its expensive "talent" gets propped up. Such is the dearth of football clubs in the UK I can well see the desperate need for such inward investment.

Denmark gets threaded: and builds an enviable e-government system, whilst the UK languishes, due to loss of talent, with a tax credit system that appears on the face of it to have pushed those most vulnerable into the clutchs of loan sharks.

Yeah, UK immigaration, it's a pile of tulipe isn't it...

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Great one mega rich russian who spends cash in this country (and others) but at the same time we loose 200,000 self sufficient brits, only to me replaced by 500,000+ people who often do not have a pot to pi55 in.

Also I would imagine that Abramovich while very rich will have very expensive accountants who would reduce the levels of tax he pays.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    yeah but one Abramovich taking his cash to the UK allows the UK to take in 1,000,000 poor immigrants I would have thought.
    It's not just skint poles and lithuanians coming from the east!!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    The other thing is, the brits leaving will be doing so by selling up and taking their cash overseas and were probably not dependant on the state for anything. Those arriving from certain countries will be doing so potless.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    I didn't realise there were 2 commonwealths! Old and new? What's the difference between the 2?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X