• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "On the way home...."

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    NZ is nice but the it's like living away from the rest of the planet, then OZ, well we all know a yogurt could develop a more interesting culture in two weeks than what OZ has managed in the last 200 years.

Come to Scotland instead - we're all rather less obsessed with cash and more with drink - it's a win win situation.

http://www.visitscotland.com/

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by uky kozak View Post
    I picked my wife up from work and she must have had a bad day co's she turned round and said: (baring in mind she emigrated from Poland 16yrs ago) "This country sucks and everyone just want's money for something or other especially the government, there is no quality of life here, lets pack up and move to OZ or NZ by the beach" Did I start to moan at her comment? - no chance. I have just started the process. Probably be the best thing I'm gonna do in my life apart from marrying my wife.
    That is rich coming from a Pole. They hardly all moved here for Home and Away double bills and the stunning weather.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    No I would find such a job in Poland too.

Rzeczpospolita Polska

HTH

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I thought London was for you because it was the only place in the world where you'd be able to earn lots of money while doing bugger all posting on CUK most of the day using your multiple sockpuppets? In Poland such work ethics would definately get you fired very quickly.
    No I would find such a job in Poland too.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Now I'm off to the nice cosy pub with my mates of 20 years - thats why London is for me.
    I thought London was for you because it was the only place in the world where you'd be able to earn lots of money while doing bugger all posting on CUK most of the day using your multiple sockpuppets? In Poland such work ethics would definately get you fired very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    And a simple response IMHO "DEFFINITELY YES". So now let us read about your experience of Poland Ruprect. Bye then.
    Then why so many Poles here and very few English people in Poland?
    And why not move to Poland?

You're going to be very unhappy wherever you go, because you know not why you're going. Your childish dream of some Nirvana is silly.

Now I'm off to the nice cosy pub with my mates of 20 years - thats why London is for me.

Leave a comment:

• uky kozak
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    And Poland is SO much better. She must be gutted. Bye then.

Oh, and by the way "bearing"
    And a simple response IMHO "DEFFINITELY YES". So now let us read about your experience of Poland Ruprect. Bye then.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
    I think DS23 has just written a suicide note if anyone knows where to send the ambulance
    He/She/It appears to have been listening to Neil Young songs.

Suicide is probably the kindest outcome for them.

Leave a comment:

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    when the dream came
    i held my breath with my eyes closed
    i went insane,
    like a smoke ring day
    when the wind blows
    now i won't be back till later on
    if i do come back at all
    but you know me, and i miss you now.

in a strange game
    i saw myself as you knew me
    when the change came,
    and you had a
    chance to see through me
    though the other side is just the same
    you can tell my dream is real
    because i love you, can you see me now?

though we rush ahead to save our time
    we are only what we feel
    and i love you, can you feel it now?
    I think DS23 has just written a suicide note if anyone knows where to send the ambulance

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    when the dream came
    i held my breath with my eyes closed
    i went insane,
    like a smoke ring day
    when the wind blows
    now i won't be back till later on
    if i do come back at all
    but you know me, and i miss you now.

in a strange game
    i saw myself as you knew me
    when the change came,
    and you had a
    chance to see through me
    though the other side is just the same
    you can tell my dream is real
    because i love you, can you see me now?

though we rush ahead to save our time
    we are only what we feel
    and i love you, can you feel it now?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Whenever people moan about a place, you can bet your bottom dollar that they they are negative losers who don't have good relationships with people.
    So they move somewhere else, but their personal issues remain - and they are just as unhappy as before.

Remember you have to take yourself wherever you go.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Funny enough I think I have made this comment one of the first times I was in England before I started living there.

However I mainly had London in mind. The rest of England did not look the same at all. But yes London initially had this dry feeling that everything is just for money and nothing else....
    You're wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    I picked my wife up from work and she must have had a bad day co's she turned round and said: (baring in mind she emigrated from Poland 16yrs ago) "This country sucks and everyone just want's money for something or other especially the government, there is no quality of life here, lets pack up and move to OZ or NZ by the beach" Did I start to moan at her comment? - no chance. I have just started the process. Probably be the best thing I'm gonna do in my life apart from marrying my wife.
    Funny enough I think I have made this comment one of the first times I was in England before I started living there.

However I mainly had London in mind. The rest of England did not look the same at all. But yes London initially had this dry feeling that everything is just for money and nothing else....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I'm sorry that she suffers from that terrible syndrome where she has to turn around before saying something. It really must be a curse!

Lucy
    Lucy
    Lucy

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I'm sorry that she suffers from that terrible syndrome where she has to turn around before saying something. It really must be a curse! I suppose she could be afflicted by the jumping up and down before saying something, that is much worse. Then there is the stepping sideways before saying something....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X