• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Glastonbury 2009

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Glastonbury 2009"

Collapse

• thelace
    replied
    Not one there I'd want to see....

I'd give Neil Young a look if he was on at a festival that I was already going too...

Yes and I know, it's all about the vibe not the bands....

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    2009 Official Line Up has been released

Neil Young
    Bruce Springsteen
    Blur
    Prodigy
    Kasabian
    Maximo Park
    Jarvis Cocker
    Echo & the Bunnymen
    Tom Jones
    Crosby Stills & Nash
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
    Madness
    Status Quo
    Spinal Tap
    Lilly Allen
    Franz Ferdinand

+ many many more

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I'm off to Download this year - camping with my son. I'm looking forward to it as there are plenty of older bands on that I liked and a few new ones that I want to hear.
    Download looks pretty good. My neice will be there.

Being of a more punk persuasion I shall be at Rebellion in Blackpool though I will be lodging int he Imperial so not as punk as I was.

Anybody else??.............................. thought not.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I'm off to Download this year - camping with my son. I'm looking forward to it as there are plenty of older bands on that I liked and a few new ones that I want to hear.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    got my ticket today

1 week to go until the band line is released

Leave a comment:

• Emigre
    replied
    My kids are right in the age range. Great thing about Glastonbury is the range of stages and music. There's no way i'd listen to anything my boy listens or him mine. But that's why it works. I don't think I ever ended up seeing all I thought I'd see and have always found something new to get excited about.

And yes IKEWYM about the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    So chucking plastic beer bottles half full of p1ss will be frowned upon then?

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Me too (never paid ), I've not been to Bestival but I've done the Isle of Wight festival 3 times but like many people of my age I'm a bit stuck with a toddler now.

This looks good mind: http://www.campbestival.net/

It's organised by the same guy (Rob D Bank) who also does Bestival but it's aimed at people with young kids, Dorset isn't too far to go either.
    Yes, it's Camp Bestival I'm off to with my Toddler. Mr TUmble is playing don't cha know? (How times have changed)

Leave a comment:

• jkoder
    replied
    Leeds/Reading festival has got a good line-up this year (depending on your tastes of course). I'm hoping to get to Leeds myself.

Leave a comment:

• leeperry
    replied
    Nah, I like smaller festivals these days, It's just too big and crowded.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    In my day you went for the entertainment off the stages - IYKWIM

Mind you it was the mid 80's

Lord that makes me feel REALLY old
    Agree with you. Full of accountants these days with stupid hats. My first one was '85 when you risked trench foot and cholera and not eating for days and the police wouldn't dare come within a mile of the site. I think we saw some bands but can't really remember who.

Happy days.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I'd go if :

1) There were any decent bands to see
    2) There was a No Kids rule

ah well...
    humbug

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Nah, didn't think I was allowed after getting a leave pass for last year. Except the missus dropped a bombshell the other day and said she'd have no issue with me going again (Cheers for telling me two months too late!)

Edit. Dude.
    lol, exactly the same scenario here. "I don't mind you going to Glastonbury"... after its sold out

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I'd go if :

1) There were any decent bands to see
    2) There was a No Kids rule

ah well...

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    Mrs Ferret let me get a ticket for my Birthday so as long as the pig flu doesn't get it cancelled I will be there. Fingers crossed a mate has sorted some backstage camping too so could be a luxury weekend.

Looking forward to:

Eveson
    Stanton Warriors
    Skream
    Caspa

Will be dupstep frenzy this year

Sod the headliners and big acts, lots of interest to see this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X