• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "its teachers at schools and colleges are crap"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cyberman
    The two of you have absolutely no idea what teachers have to do and the amount of work required to keep kids interested and motivated in school (especially secondary schools).

I would suggest that you do a bit more research before posting such rubbish ...

Oh sorry its CUK - the home of informed idiots.
    I agree that some teachers are like that - but there is good and bad in all professions.

My daughter struggled at school and was in the bottom set for some of her subjects and as a result she was in classes which were often disrupted by the nob heads. Each and every parents evening we complained that she never seemed to get any homework. One teacher actually said

'well at the start of the year I gave out homework but they never did it so after a while I just stopped'

The impression I got was that those with the lower academic ability often got a teacher with no interest in teaching and was just there to maintain discipline. Also kids in the lower sets suffer from the highest turnover of teaching staff.

As for prepping lessons - I would have thought that once you had your syllabus down then it goes into maintenace mode. Each year you adapt it to take into account changes in the syllabus.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    If there hadnt been either a doctor or a teacher on the plane then you and I wouldnt be having this conversation
    True. But what about Dr Who ?

In your world he would be a teacher. Can you imagine a BBC series called Mr Who (3rd Year arts)

it just wouln't work

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I was on that plane. Wasn't that the one where the doc gave the pilot a jab that reversed his early-onset demetia and memory loss, allowing him to carry on and land the plane safely

If there hadnt been either a doctor or a teacher on the plane then you and I wouldnt be having this conversation

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    sit on your arse all day, earn £30k...
    A bit like most permies I know in IT

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I was on a plane once and the pilot announced that he had forgotton how to fly the plane and was there anyone on board who could teach him?
    I was on that plane. Wasn't that the one where the doc gave the pilot a jab that reversed his early-onset demetia and memory loss, allowing him to carry on and land the plane safely

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I remember being on a plane once. There was an announcement
    'This is the captain,we have a bit of an emergency on the plane, if there are any teachers on board would you please make yourself known to the cabin crew. Thank you'

I was on a plane once and the pilot announced that he had forgotton how to fly the plane and was there anyone on board who could teach him?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Teachers need to be paid more than doctors. The work they do is far more valuable than that of doctors. However teachers should also be fully accountable and education dictated by consumer choice. If people were better educated they would be healthier (fewer doctors), wouldnt need welfare and crime would all but disappear.
    I remember being on a plane once. There was an announcement
    'This is the captain,we have a bit of an emergency on the plane, if there are any teachers on board would you please make yourself known to the cabin crew. Thank you'

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Teachers need to be paid more than doctors. The work they do is far more valuable than that of doctors. However teachers should also be fully accountable and education dictated by consumer choice. If people were better educated they would be healthier (fewer doctors), wouldnt need welfare and crime would all but disappear.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    you think a cull is in order ?
    It might be kindest thing to happen, the UK has its arse hanging out. Let us know how it goes with your cat.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    yeah they tell you that, and like a fool you believe them

they are on the whole a waste of money

looking for cutbacks, thats where to bring down the chopper
    Hey donuts - why don't you just fck off and leave us in peace eh?

Never ending conveyor belt of trolls, and they're invariably sh!te. Least Tay was risable, if a bit of a knob.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    A deadly strain of swine fever might be the best thing that's happened in the UK since Maggie.
    you think a cull is in order ?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    He's going back to being a carer for autistic dudes, up in Edinburgh.
    Not much pay, not much career, but not much stress either

A deadly strain of swine fever might be the best thing that's happened in the UK since Maggie.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Hmm, so what's his plan B. Bus driver?
    Tube driver, sit on your arse all day, earn £30k...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    He's going back to being a carer for autistic dudes, up in Edinburgh.
    Not much pay, not much career, but not much stress either

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Dont.
    My son in law finished the training and started his probationary year last september. He is 33 and went to a nice school up in Edinburgh, he had a couple of weeks off with severe stress and finally jacked it in last week.

the kids are out of control, uncontrollable and run riot. They are nice sweet 10-11 year old mostly middle class.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X