• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bannatyne Gyms.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bannatyne Gyms."

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    See if you can get a free 1 hr session to feel the place out, i know they did this in my local
    Yeah I've got a free tour at 3:30. I'll not sign up until after I have a look round.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Hou're AtW aren't you?

Why do you insist on having so many identities?!!

I'm just...............me

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by tino View Post
    6 months isn't bad either - it took me even 4 months getting fed up of it
    You're AtW aren't you?

Why do you insist on having so many identities?!!

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    I don't know if its just me but I have never understood why people pay 00s of pounds to join these places..........

1) Treadmill:- You could actually you know..... run!
    2) Various forms of Bike/Spinner or other "trendy" name:- You could ride on a real bike.... and get to places.....
    3) Loud music: Buy an I-Pod and listen to stuff you choose!
    4) Really fit, sexy girls getting sweaty, striking poses and jiggling up and down wearing nothing but skin tight lycra......

Errrrrrrr not sure my argument is that convincing now I think about it!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Just go down to your local council gym/leisure centre- Far cheaper.
    And less chance of being banned for ogling the ladies.
    It's often cheaper to join a sports club that has some gym equipment. Many rugby clubs have a small gym for members use, as do athletics clubs; they'll also give you good instruction in how to do the right exercises. At most clubs you don't have to be an active player/competitor to join and use the facilities, as long as you pay your fees, which are usually less than a gym. More sociable too.

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    See if you can get a free 1 hr session to feel the place out, i know they did this in my local

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Just go down to your local council gym/leisure centre- Far cheaper.
    And less chance of being banned for ogling the ladies.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post
    in my experience the best gyms don't do fixed contracts. The little independent gyms that do 1 month rolling are always sooo much better than the massive corporates that try to trick you into 12months when they know 95% people stop going after january 15th
    Even better; buy one of these and train at home.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Unfortunately they only do 6 month contracts. So the place will have to be really nice for me to join up tonight.
    6 months isn't bad either - it took me even 4 months getting fed up of it

Leave a comment:

• Mehmeh
    replied
    in my experience the best gyms don't do fixed contracts. The little independent gyms that do 1 month rolling are always sooo much better than the massive corporates that try to trick you into 12months when they know 95% people stop going after january 15th

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Lucky You!

Go for it then (if it's possible, avoid a 12 month contract though - ask if you can sign up for 3 months initially and pay it up front) that way you get a feel for the place and if you like it or not
    Unfortunately they only do 6 month contracts. So the place will have to be really nice for me to join up tonight.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Well that's the reason I'm joining - I have 2 hours per day to fill.

I finish work at 3:30 in Durham, and have to hang around to pick my hubby up at 6!
    Lucky You!

Go for it then (if it's possible, avoid a 12 month contract though - ask if you can sign up for 3 months initially and pay it up front) that way you get a feel for the place and if you like it or not

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    It is a lot, its been climbing for years though (i think they're jumping again soon too).

That's not bad if you'll actually use it. i.e do you have the time
    Well that's the reason I'm joining - I have 2 hours per day to fill.

I finish work at 3:30 in Durham, and have to hang around to pick my hubby up at 6!

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    That's a lot that like.

The Bannatyne in Durham is £45 per month - which I think it very reasonable.
    It is a lot, its been climbing for years though (i think they're jumping again soon too).

That's not bad if you'll actually use it. i.e do you have the time

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    £75 a month was too much for me
    That's a lot that like.

The Bannatyne in Durham is £45 per month - which I think it very reasonable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X