• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Swine Flu - Pandemic or Pants?"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Well, we've got to die of something, it may as well be in a pool of our own snot and faeces.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    40% of the UK to get swine flu, according to WHO expert Prof Ferguson, Imperial College, London

swine flu prediction

Just as well we seem to be able to mitigate the intensity via drugs.
    WHO expert Pete Townsend

Hope we die before we get Old

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Just incase it wasn't spreading like wild fire in the UK, another 10,000 Brits are being brought back from mexico.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/tra...cle6184479.ece

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Interactive map. I've been waiting for one of these.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Interact.../Swine-Flu-Map

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Symptoms include fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing, while runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea have also been reported.

A few people have come back from holiday in Mexico with these symptoms and we're panicking?

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    My wife suspects that I have swine flu. Apparently the symptoms of swine flu are: sweating, excessive body odour and laziness.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    40% of the UK to get swine flu, according to WHO expert Prof Ferguson, Imperial College, London

swine flu prediction

Just as well we seem to be able to mitigate the intensity via drugs.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Level 9

Having panciked various Government you clean-up by selling massive amounts of antirvirals that are irrelevant - Bingo !

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Already at level 4. To me levels 5 and 6 look quite straightforward.

Phase 5: Human-to-human transmission in at least two countries. Strong signal pandemic imminent
    Phase 6: Virus spreads to another country in a different region. Global pandemic under way

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Has anyone wondered if there is a vegetarian angle to this ? We ban smoking in public places to protect people from passive smoking but the poor old veggies are being hit by passive pig-flu.
    I think they should stop farting and sue somebody

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Contractors never get ill ...
    So true. Maybe if they were all contractors, they would have survived.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Why is it worse for Mexicans?

Could it be it's a man made genetic weapon?

Released by accident or on purpose?

Just a nasty thought at 4am.....

T
    I think it's more to do with the numbers infected being much higher in Mexico and they were slow to administer drugs, whereas other countries have been much quicker to isolate people and administer anti-virals. Fast application of drugs appears to be the key, whereas dithering can be fatal. It takes ten days for the initial flu to turn to a fatal pneumonia.

Also, this flu causes immense respiratory problems and the much hotter climate and less access to facilities with air-conditioning may exacerbate breathing difficulties.
    Last edited by Cyberman; 28 April 2009, 05:56.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Why is it worse for Mexicans?

Could it be it's a man made genetic weapon?

Released by accident or on purpose?

Just a nasty thought at 4am.....

T

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Mexico now confirms 149 dead from swineflu, and the WHO raises the alert level to four from three. Level six will be an official pandemic.

All of the deaths are of people from ages 25-50. Thank god I am 54.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    As somebody heavily immuno suppresed I think I'd better just cut out the middle man and top myself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X