• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: SC Clearance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SC Clearance"

Collapse

• kookachoo
    replied
    Whilst on duty last Friday night some lad was pissing in the street, I cuffed him up, but when I realised he was spanish, I couldn't be arsed to nick him - so let him on his way!

As for the Police Records, yep - but it down, even if expired.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Originally posted by tradegirl View Post
    ok point taken (but does not make logical (IT geek) sense if it should have been removed all those years ago and is still there). It's like having the caution for the rest of your life.
    It's really not, they are looking for trustworthyness not to persecute you for pissing in the street 15 years ago

Leave a comment:

• tradegirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    It might not be on your file as current but the details have been logged somewhere.

The RoOA does not apply when completing the your clearance forms.

Read the form!!!
    ok point taken (but does not make logical (IT geek) sense if it should have been removed all those years ago and is still there). It's like having the caution for the rest of your life.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    It might not be on your file as current but the details have been logged somewhere.

The RoOA does not apply when completing the your clearance forms.

Read the form!!!

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    but they are no longer on the records!
    How do you know for sure?

Cautions can be kept on record indefinitely. It's up to individual police forces as to how long they keep them. Some get rid of them after five years, some longer, some maybe never.

Put down the caution is my advice.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Depending on the clearance it might still need to put it down. Met Police SC clearance for example is more strict than other clearance.

If it says list warnings , cautions etc and doesnt mention 'except expired' then you need to put all old ones also. I think cautions are still actually kept on police records - even if expired. Warnings are less severe but if you were investigated in the future it would still appear - would still be part of the history.

Leave a comment:

• tradegirl
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Read the form, it's quite clear. Write down all official cautions.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    so if you got cautioned say 10years ago. At the time my friend was told it will stay on her record for 5 years. So today she should not have to mention this caution as i'd assume its been wiped from her records by now.

and so would not have to state it on any clearance forms. Would this be the case?
    Read the form, it's quite clear. Write down all official cautions.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by harriesa View Post
    Hi just been offered contract working in Nuclear Engineering, got the application form through the post for SC clearance. My credit record is fine. My girlfriend has had a few problems with her credit record over the last couple of years, nothing too serious no CCJ or anything she just has quite a few missed payments on a loan she took out - does anyone think this will be a problem?
    No problem whatsoever. Just be honest.

Leave a comment:

• Slumdog
    replied
    so if you got cautioned say 10years ago. At the time my friend was told it will stay on her record for 5 years. So today she should not have to mention this caution as i'd assume its been wiped from her records by now.

and so would not have to state it on any clearance forms. Would this be the case?
    I would've thought that you don't need to specify this on the paperwork as the 5 year date has expired personally (as the info is no longer on your record)

Leave a comment:

• tradegirl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    What they said.......

I got cleared a few months ago, dodgy credit (late payments etc), juvenile arrest, I confessed everything and cleared OK

Mate of mine has been nicked a few times and did porridge @15 years ago and he got cleared as well

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Doesn't matter how bad something is, if you 'fess up you'll get a much better treatment at the hands of the DV crews.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman_1
    replied
    Should be fine. Just be honest on the form. If you try and hide something and they catch u out then your trustworthyness is questionable in thier eyes and you will fail.

Leave a comment:

• harriesa
    started a topic SC Clearance

SC Clearance

Hi just been offered contract working in Nuclear Engineering, got the application form through the post for SC clearance. My credit record is fine. My girlfriend has had a few problems with her credit record over the last couple of years, nothing too serious no CCJ or anything she just has quite a few missed payments on a loan she took out - does anyone think this will be a problem?

Working...
X