• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Thoughtful doom

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thoughtful doom"

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Recent? It was the Quo all along.
    Just read the lyrics - then you will understand the true power of Rossi & Parfit.

Sorry, I shouldn't have capitalised "status quo". I think anyone searching for the deep philosophical insights in the writings of Rossi and Parfit are likely to be searching for sometime.

As the mighty Quo once revealed to us:
    Nanana na nana na na na na na na
    Nanana na nana na na na na na
    Nanana na nana na na na na na na
    Nanana na nana na na na na na

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Alf, you've accidentally logged in as Central-Scrutinizer..

Originally posted by chef View Post
    My 2cents is simple, there are a lot of doomslayers on this site
    Doomslayer. Sounds like a great metal band, are they doing Download?
    Last edited by expat; 25 April 2009, 18:55.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    This doom thread is started after careful consideration.

I shall also abbreviate the points so apologies for bad grammar.

Became a CUKer just before Christmas.
    Got soaked up in the doom threads.
    Researched my own doom.
    In my teens frequented a pentecostal church that pointed me at numerous doom videos (Barry Smith I think) that preached new world order, global currency, RFId etc etc (although still consider myself a Christian I am still looking for a church)
    Now found various sites that purport doom such as fknnewz.com, knowthelies.com
    Watched online vids such as the Obama deception (courtesty of knowthelies.com)

And I've got to be honest, all of the points set out in the Barry Smith vid (circa 1992) regarding the establishment of one world order have come true.

I have become aware of prognosticators such as Gerald Celente, and for this year and next they predict a world war, after the US invades Iran. Also I note Pakistan has nukes and is unstable in its government and dissidents.

As a relatively young CUKer (32) with a young family, it kind of makes my head bubble over at night just wondering how much of this doom is actually true.

The conspiracy theorists would have us belive that the Bildeberg group set world policy, the credit crunch was planned, and that the global agenda is

World currency
    World war 3
    Global enslavement.

What do other CUKers feel with regards to this agenda?

Heavy one I know, and I promise I will post about pot noodles or badly packed kebabs in future, but for now please do me a favour and just let me know how you are feeling about the world.

Ta

suityou1
    I agree with everything you say.

Nicky G

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I recall a couple of years ago that after the engineered econmic collapse a pandemic virus would be unleashed to reduce the population the 'useless eaters' especially in the third world.

Nothing to worry about there.

A new flu virus suspected of killing up to 60 people in Mexico has the potential to become a pandemic, the World Health Organization's chief says.

Margaret Chan said the outbreak was a "serious situation" which needed to be followed closely.

Ms Chan cut short a visit to the US and returned to Geneva for urgent talks.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Should I make it clear that I don't have a lot of time for these "conspiracy theories".

It is something that I have only begun to appreciate in the last few years, but the "Status Quo" is recent ....
    Recent? It was the Quo all along.
    Just read the lyrics - then you will understand the true power of Rossi & Parfit.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Can I just check if you enjoyed your Coke Zero?

Thanks
    It was very nice, thank you for asking

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    fixed that one for you
    Can I just check if you enjoyed your Coke Zero?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    fixed that one for you

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Hmm I have to admit I take it all with a big pinch of salt.
    My philosophy is - be a decent person and do what is within your control to make others happy.
    Love your fellow woman and always try a see everything from both sides.

I do find myself getting cynical from time to time and It can be hard to stop.
    But do you really think that you expending energy worrying over doom laden stories in the newspapers is going to make any difference to the end result?

When it happens worry about it - don’t worry about what MAY happen.
    fixed that one for you

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Hmm I have to admit I take it all with a big pinch of salt.
    My philosophy is - be a decent person and do what is within your control to make others happy.
    Love your fellow man and always try a see everything from both sides.

I do find myself getting cynical from time to time and It can be hard to stop.
    But do you really think that you expending energy worrying over doom laden stories in the newspapers is going to make any difference to the end result?

When it happens worry about it - don’t worry about what MAY happen.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Thanks all.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Alf, you've accidentally logged in as Central-Scrutinizer..

My 2cents is simple, there are a lot of doomslayers on this site, I figure it helps balance out the complete tulipe that the government spin doctors like to preach and I fit somewhere in the middle with an exit route / plan b planned if necessary involving either Northern Scandanavia or a remote island in Indonesia, both places of which seem to be completely unaffected by world order..

I suggest you get away from the rat race on a break, if possible, for a while, it helps gain perspective..

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    The human brain is pre-disposed to conspiracy theories, due to the seductive nature of them, and their oversimplification of the subject.

People have been saying the end is nye since the beginning. Revelations has been used for the last 2000 years to predict the end. I remember when christians were saying Michael Gorbichof had the mark of the beast on his head.

Stop worrying and enjoy your life

Leave a comment:

• Central-Scrutiniser
    replied
    I think
    I think I am
    therefore I am,
    I think ?

Of course you are my bright little star
    I've miles And miles
    Of files
    Pretty files of your forefather's fruit
    and now to suit our Mighty Central Computer
    You're now digital data

I'm more than that
    I know I am,
    at least
    I think I must be.

There you go man
    keep as cool as you can.
    Face piles
    And piles
    Of trials
    With smiles.

It riles them to believe
    that you perceive
    the web they weave

And keep on thinking free.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Should I make it clear that I don't have a lot of time for these "conspiracy theories".

It is something that I have only begun to appreciate in the last few years, but the "Status Quo" is recent and that the way human beings organise themselves has changed beyond recognition over the millennia.

For that reason, I expect that the "Nation States" as they exist today will outlive their usefulness in the current millennium, but probably not while I am alive.

Whatever does eventually finish the human race off, it won't be expected, so don't worry about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X