• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tax Band

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tax Band"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Start doing support gigs, you won't have to worry about hitting 40%.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravy Train View Post
    That's fine if you're living costs are ok - i've taken out around the 40k mark and am running on empty in my personal account towards the end of my financial year (although there's plenty left in the business account) - gonna take some smart accounting to make sure i can take out the maximum without going over the higher rate limit.

And for those asking for more options - this poll doesn't apply to you
    Sounds like we're in much the same boat - no way I could've got through last year without hitting 40%. Might stand a chance this year though.

Leave a comment:

• Gravy Train
    replied
    Originally posted by downsouth View Post
    and why are not going to 'make it'

its simple, just dont take any cash out of the business so it dont take you above the HR tax limit
    That's fine if you're living costs are ok - i've taken out around the 40k mark and am running on empty in my personal account towards the end of my financial year (although there's plenty left in the business account) - gonna take some smart accounting to make sure i can take out the maximum without going over the higher rate limit.

And for those asking for more options - this poll doesn't apply to you

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Not enough options. I signed on a few weeks ago for the first time and don't pay tax any more. In fact my council tax is paid for me now. Hurrah for outsourcing, open-door immigration and fast track wheezers. The dole or tax credits is the future.

Leave a comment:

• downsouth
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravy Train View Post
    Just wondering what tax band people here are on

I'm coming to the end of my first year of trading and have been trying to stay below the higher rate after dividends and salary but don't think i'm gonna make it

Poll to follow.
    and why are not going to 'make it'

its simple, just dont take any cash out of the business so it dont take you above the HR tax limit

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Hector can kiss my tulip.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Where's the neither option ?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    No idea

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    where?

Leave a comment:

• Gravy Train
    started a poll Tax Band

Tax Band

Basic Rate - 20%
    33.33%
    Higher Rate - 40%
    36.11%
    AndyW can kiss my tulip
    30.56%

I'm coming to the end of my first year of trading and have been trying to stay below the higher rate after dividends and salary but don't think i'm gonna make it

Poll to follow.

Working...
X