• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Strangest item taken to a meeting ?"

Collapse

• sparklelard
    replied
    A pillow - well I've got to sleep sometimes

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Myself.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    A colleague of mine took an egg timer into a management meeting with a particulary waffling ex-services sort.

He produced the egg timer as the waffler lumbered to his feet for the start of 40 minutes of unproductive buzzword infested waffle and paper shuffling.

Everyone else thought it was funny, except the waffler who promptly told him to "put that bloody thing away"!

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    I remember when we first used a videoconference device to talk to the USA - bit of a novelty back in '99. Everything was in mid flow and soon we started to get bored. We had already briefed one guy to walk across the background several times pretending to go down a set of invisible stairs.

Then one of the guys starts moving the remote camera around and zooms straight into one of the pretty staff members heaving chest. All of a sudden there was a silence, a cough and then a southern drawl announces that "...er, we can actually see what you are seeing..."

Red faces all round.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Slightly off-topic but I was once in a Videoconference call when one of the people at the other site obvously forgot he was in a VC rather than a telephone conference and starting making "******" signs when the house dweeb was droning on and on.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Strangest Item...

...dead monkey called Roger dressed as a clown. I suggested he take the minutes before asking everyone to stand for the national anthem.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• xCon
    replied
    used to take comic books in with me hidden in a company brochure

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    a copy of Razzle.....for when the confrence call gets boring.....

Leave a comment:

• Clownio
    replied
    In actual fact when questioned he said it was "In case things got dirty"

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Clownio
    Just went to a weekly meeting and a one of the attendees turned up and put a bottle of Fairy Liquid on the tabel in front of him, along with the usual pad, pen etc.

Wierd !
    Perhaps he wanted to clean up any misunderstandings ?

Leave a comment:

• Clownio
    started a topic Strangest item taken to a meeting ?

Strangest item taken to a meeting ?

Just went to a weekly meeting and a one of the attendees turned up and put a bottle of Fairy Liquid on the tabel in front of him, along with the usual pad, pen etc.

Wierd !

Working...
X