• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tell me...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tell me..."

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    After an illegal war, a financial system in meltdown, rich and poor further apart than ever, what one piece of good has this government done in the last 10 years?
    Foreigners now have to go through a citizenship ceremony if they want to get a British passport. That's got to er, er, I'm not really sure what difference that makes?

And besides, it is a global financial meltdown and was in no way made possible by the reorganisation of the financial services regulators that was one of the first things that Labour did when they got in.

Leave a comment:

• Slumdog
    replied
    made you consider leaving the country and moving to a nicer and safer place.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    After an illegal war, a financial system in meltdown, rich and poor further apart than ever, what one piece of good has this government done in the last 10 years?
    Some of them have died.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    In the good old days he'd have been hiding around the corner with his pack of 40 hounds and loads of posh twerps on horseback ready to chase poor foxy to exhaustion before ripping him to shreds and smearing his innards over their poor terrified childrens' faces.

However, since the ban the rural economy has completely collapsed and .. oh hang on .. no it hasn't and the sport of drag hunting is more popular than ever.

Come on! Come on! It's CUK BB 2003 all over again. One more time for the fox hunting debate again just for old times sakes. Yeargghhh!!!! (where's me old hunt-sab balaclava).
    What rural economy? Half the village is owned by southerners who are never at home...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    So, you've had your neighbour put your chicken out of its misery with a shotgun?

F**k me, talk about overkill!
    Out here in the islands we like to be sure... and when you read the sign 'no trespassing' take heed.

Remember this one time my uncle nearly shot my mum's sister's Yorkshire terrier in a case of mistaken identity - we thought it was a rabbit.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Before your time

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Before your time, boy! Columbian hostages was a 'jonny-come-lately' debate.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Come on! Come on! It's CUK BB 2003 all over again. One more time for the fox hunting debate again just for old times sakes. Yeargghhh!!!! (where's me old hunt-sab balaclava).
    The columbian hostages thread was much bigger than any on foxes, and don't get me started on TPD...

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    In the good old days he'd have been hiding around the corner with his pack of 40 hounds and loads of posh twerps on horseback ready to chase poor foxy to exhaustion before ripping him to shreds and smearing his innards over their poor terrified childrens' faces.

However, since the ban the rural economy has completely collapsed and .. oh hang on .. no it hasn't and the sport of drag hunting is more popular than ever.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Why is this a good thing? One of our chickens had a broken leg the other day right up within the body in several places, there's no way the bird could have managed that on it's own.

Lucky the neighbour has a shotgun - he's on night patrol the night.
    So, you've had your neighbour put your chicken out of its misery with a shotgun?

F**k me, talk about overkill!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Fox hunting ban?
    Why is this a good thing? One of our chickens had a broken leg the other day right up within the body in several places, there's no way the bird could have managed that on it's own.

Lucky the neighbour has a shotgun - he's on night patrol the night.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Fox hunting ban?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It would not exist at all mate, alongside with me...
    Fscking government

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Would SKA have been as advanced as it is now had you remained in StepMother Russia?
    It would not exist at all mate, alongside with me...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They allowed me to settle in the UK permanently thus making a valuable contribution to SKA project.

HTH
    Would SKA have been as advanced as it is now had you remained in Mother Russia?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X